City of darkness

Rare New Wave? Yes some New Wave Classics are rares too.
leeroy

City of darkness

Postby leeroy » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:08 pm

Has anyone seen City of darkness with Donnie yen he only play a small part but i like it especially when Donnie was coping Bruce lee in the last fight scene

Eagles Claw Champ

Postby Eagles Claw Champ » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:45 am

Yeah! mate I seen it but donnie is so good at what he does he dont need to copy Bruce. I think he has great respect for Bruce so he tends to make it known mate.

rarebastard

Postby rarebastard » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:03 pm

kam and ronson have finaly released a decent dvd of this one. kim maree penn is excellent as always and donnie does his slumming thing. excellent action but barley there plot combined with slap stick acting makes this an aquired taste. but the martial arts scenes are hardcore to the bone. so its not for everyone but its great for a 1999 film based on a rating curve for late 90's:)

mikeleeder

Postby mikeleeder » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:29 am

They shot this pretty much back to back with '[B]Death Games[/B]'....i prefer the latter as a whole, but do like the sense of fun in this one as well as the action...it has that kind of '[B]Kung Fu Kids[/B]' feel at times

Wish Kim had been given more chances to show what she was capable of....

rarebastard

Postby rarebastard » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:41 pm

death games is well overdue for a release i love kim she always leaves a good impression on screen and a scene stealer. too bad she never got a turn at leading lady i would pay to see that! she came in a little too l it seems it the villian role she couldn't unleash all we could have got to see. but these films were crude and in a strange way thats what i love about them. ;*O

rdenn

Postby rdenn » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:21 pm

i actually found donnie yens character quite entertaining and funny in this movie, and im sure billy chow is wearing the same clothes in this and death games.

Return to “Rare New Wave”