hard to find Western MA productions

What's the latest and hottest rare kung fu out there?
lauslee

Re:hard to find Western MA productions

Postby lauslee » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:29 pm

[Quote=odioustrident]Carjack: Rumble in LA is deemed a USA production on IMDB but could well be considered a semi-rare. Skirmish with Dan Inosanto may or may not have been finished, yet an IMDB reviewer gives a seemingly accurate description of the complete film.

Any other titles from this side of the world that are less available for some reason?

I still think Skirmish is one of the bigger mysteries in the scene.... at least for me. [/Quote]

Well mate I may be wrong, but I think that "Skrimish" was never completed, I highly debut if it really had ever went in production... Similar thing happened to several Bruce Le projects "Salt, Papper & Soy Sauce" and "Enter Another Dragon", maybe some footage does exist but I think that whole movie does not exist.

lauslee

Postby lauslee » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:21 am

Nah similar thing happened with "Bruce Lee meets Ilsa in Devils Canion", guy put whole review and existance of film was never proven. I dont say that this guy is lying but it could be possible that he had seen another movie or something like that, but it could be my bad anyway.

lauslee

Postby lauslee » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:21 am

It could be true, many rares have been released on VHS back in the days, I used to talk with guy who mentioned that he had "Tiger Boy"(1966) on VHS! Im pretty sure that Big Boss part II for example was released on VHS, but about Skrimish I really dont know what to say, as you mentioned it is mystery.

SaritaLinda18

Postby SaritaLinda18 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:40 pm

Is the guy who has Tiger boy would be ready to sell or trade it ? And how is his print ? I think that we are a lot of fans here who would like to get this one !!!

lauslee

Re:

Postby lauslee » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:06 am

[Quote=SaritaLinda18]Is the guy who has Tiger boy would be ready to sell or trade it ? And how is his print ? I think that we are a lot of fans here who would like to get this one !!![/Quote]

Well Sarita he mentioned that he used to have print back in the days, and he lost it. I used to trade with him once and he was really nice guy, don't have any idea where his VHS tape is now...

Pete Senior

hard to find Western MA productions

Postby Pete Senior » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:01 pm

[Quote=odioustrident]Someone told me they rented Magic Ring from a NY Chinatown shop in the 90's! Same place had Dauntless Bumpkin and Shadow Chaser. [/Quote]

That is not a surprise to me. Back in the mid eighties I use to frequently visit New York and I'm sure I picked up the Shadow Chaser VHS tape in a Queens video store. Sho Kosugi's brother had a video shop in Queens, with hundreds of titles at the time. They use to allow me to copy anything I need, to take back to London.

Good old western kung film with little exposure.
[youtube]8aIijLnjOjg[/youtube]

Return to “Rare Movies”