Decent action movies made between '95 and 2001?

All New Wave Kung Fu Talk Going Back From the Late 80's
odioustrident

Decent action movies made between '95 and 2001?

Postby odioustrident » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:54 pm

I've somehow managed to enjoy stuff like:

Downtown Torpedoes
Thunder Cop (Nicky Wu)
Dark War
Blacksheep Affair

Any other recommendations?

Pete Jr

Postby Pete Jr » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:43 pm

I loved watching all these......

Black Mask

My Father the Hero

The Bodyguard from

The New Legend of Shaolin

odioustrident

Postby odioustrident » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:53 am

Yeah those are all good stuff. Anything more budget/ lesser known? I see you have Golden Nightmare on the site!

Pete Jr

Postby Pete Jr » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:27 am

Yeah!! Golden Nightmare is a difficult find these days.....

[img]http://www.flkcinema.com/Rsleeves/Golden%20Nightmare.gif[/img]

Last Duel (1989) did you manage to find this one???
[img]http://www.flkcinema.com/Rsleeves/THE%20LAST%20DUEL.gif[/img]

odioustrident

Postby odioustrident » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:24 am

Last Duel was still "processing" on HKflix before it shut down. Sure I won't be reimbursed for that order.

New waves have been harder for me to find than most of the old school business. Whats crazy about this is that all these films were pretty available through the 90's, at least I think so.

If one were to look at all the films Eastern Heroes mag reviewed and try to find them now.... It wouldn't be easy for me at least.

Its been quite a few years of searching for some HK and Taiwan VHS rips that should be common, but no luck I'm pretty discouraged :(

Pete Jr

Postby Pete Jr » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:07 am

[Quote=Odioustrident ]If one were to look at all the films Eastern Heroes mag reviewed and try to find them now.... It wouldn't be easy for me at least. Its been quite a few years of searching for some HK and Taiwan VHS rips that should be common, but no luck I'm pretty discouraged[/Quote]

I know what you mean......its all about.... OUT OF PRINT ....OUT OF REACH......they become a RARE COMMODITY after being out of print for over 5 years.

Eastern Heroes stuff must be difficult to find......they went UNDER over 14 years ago now.....

THIS WAS HARD TO FIND AT ONE POINT.......Eastern Heroes put this out 15 years ago.
Hard Boiled 2 aka Last Blood aka Twelve Hours To Die 1991
[img]http://www.flkcinema.com/Rsleeves/The%20Last%20Blood.gif[/img]

Just Heroes 1989 THIS WAS HARD TO FIND ALSO!! (Great Movie This) David Chiang, Chen Kwan Tai & Ti Lung Modern day classic!!!
[img]http://www.flkcinema.com/Rsleeves/Just%20Heroes.gif[/img]

BOTH THE ABOVE ARE SUPERB MOVIES......MUST SEE!!!

bruceleeclones

Postby bruceleeclones » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:42 am

For that sort of stuff your best hunting down VCD's as a lot of the 90's and early 2000 hk movies have never made it onto DVD.

odioustrident

Postby odioustrident » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:23 pm

The vcd's are even harder to find for me! Had some luck with Chinatown a few years ago but that luck has ended.

My experience has been that a lot of the traders who are into new wave just aren't active online or trading anymore. Occasionally I'll do a deal for harder to find stuff with people who never post on any forums.

These goddamn new waves are really in the woodwork these days! Sorry for all the complaints this has been building up for years!

Pete Jr

Postby Pete Jr » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:38 pm

[Quote=Odioustriedent]The vcd's are even harder to find for me! Had some luck with Chinatown a few years ago but that luck has ended. My experience has been that a lot of the traders who are into new wave just aren't active online or trading anymore. Occasionally I'll do a deal for harder to find stuff with people who never post on any forums. These goddamn new waves are really in the woodwork these days! Sorry for all the complaints this has been building up for years![/Quote]

No need to apologise mate.....I'm fully aware of the difficulty getting hold of RARE NEW WAVE!!!...Rarebastard has a good selection of RARE STUFF I believe....he should also know|:o

odioustrident

Postby odioustrident » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:12 pm

I'm going to upload the Tai Seng release list when I get home. The amount of unknown titles on there is absurd, even though there are a few mispellings.

Return to “New Wave Movies”