Mainland Classics TOP 20

All New Wave Kung Fu Talk Going Back From the Late 80's
fiol

Re:

Postby fiol » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:53 pm

[Quote=Chi Liu San] This looks very cool thanks for sharing.
[upload]1031[/upload][/Quote]

yeah not a masterpiece but still a decent movie ^^ the wushu action and taekwondo's are pretty good though

we re updating the blog right now with the second movie xD

fiol

Postby fiol » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:32 pm

updated with:

[img]http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/4109/vg8001.jpg[/img]

# [url link=http://mainlandoldschoolmovies.blogspot.com/2010/11/swordsman-in-royal-court-1990.html]Swordsman in the Royal Court (1990)[/url]

fiol

Postby fiol » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:04 am

"Combat at heavens gate" is been released in HK on vcd/LD/Vhs/Dvd? but is it a mainland movie or just from HK? because HKcinemagic and HKMDB state that it's from HK... mtime says is from China... so confusing O_O

about "return of the dragon".. cant find anything about it :(

Athena

The funding ...IS CHINESE ;D !!

Postby Athena » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:47 pm

[Quote=rdenn]combat must be a co production Chinese/hk you can see it is a mainland movie but with hk actors.[/Quote]

Hello rdenn the Grand Master of a TV series fights !
How are you ??

I just found this movie discussed at a Chinese Forum ...
I tried to copy & past a quote but this forum doesn't support Chinese characters so a endless list of 0'es is all that it read as ..! ;D

BUT they state ALL funding (Shanghai ) & production credits (Beijing) were stated to be ONLY Chinese ...Hope I translated it correct (!),I had to join as a member to be allowed to copy text ...& that was a 360 Degree pain in the some were ! You have to register as a foreigner ( Bad person!) & give all kind of info including your US social security # !!

Then wait for (government ??) approval !! I am now approved as a sub member !! ;) (White ghost ??!)

I don't plan on joining more Chinese Forums but this is a good one as it is a FILM RESEARCH/ARCHIVE/STUDY FORUM !

So I don't complain it was just like applying for a TOURIST VISA !! But it is an experience !

Xiexie, Athena ..

Athena

South Korea too !!

Postby Athena » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:00 pm

I am a member of 2 VERY good Korean ( South
obviously, Hehe !) Forums & I feel I should mention I went trough nearly the same process then..

So I just want to be fair to the Chinese Communist set up & highlight that some of the (semi) Democratic countries in Asia use this application proses for the foreigners to !

Xiexie, Athena ..

fiol

Re:South Korea too !!

Postby fiol » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:41 pm

[Quote=Athena] I am a member of 2 VERY good Korean ( South
obviously, Hehe !) Forums & I feel I should mention I went trough nearly the same process then..

So I just want to be fair to the Chinese Communist set up & highlight that some of the (semi) Democratic countries in Asia use this application proses for the foreigners to !

Xiexie, Athena ..[/Quote]

most of the south korean based websites are only for KOREAN ppl with korean identification # .. korean auctions/korean shops/korean forums ..everything needs a korean identification #...

DongFangXu

Re:Re:

Postby DongFangXu » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:25 pm

[Quote=fiol] [Quote=DongFangXu] Hi friends,

as I am in a process of moving from town to town and finding new job and things around it I've found this theme a little too late after pollypolly tel me know about it.

Well, mainland wushu films are the reason why I started to collect kung fu films. The very first films I've seen back in the 80's (before the "Velvet Revolution" in our country) were these:

Pride's Deadly Fury (or just Deadly Fury) a.k.a Honor Of Dongfang Xu - very nice Baguazhang in the film.
Betrayal And Revenge
Murky Shadows....
Undaunted Wudang
The Magic Braid
Yellow River Fighter
and
Secret Imperial Edict

I was totally amazed by the moves in the movies and I especially like the first three films. But they are all good.

This is very good thread here - there's a lot I've never seen and known. Go on.[/Quote]

Oh! The movies were dubbed in ur country or just subbed?
We found out about mainland kung fu movies just in 2007 thanks to the famous Jet Li's "Shaolin Temple" (still one of the best in our opinion). We ve never known that mainland china actually did some kung fu movies since we didnt know any chinese, and english friendly websites about this subject were not available.
Now that we ve learned (and still learn) mandarin we had the chance to find out the truth.
We opened that blog to share our info with guys/gals who are into kf movies and it seems that we did the right things since we got only positive feedbacks :D
[/Quote]

Well, some of the films were dubbed and some were just subbed. I remember The Undaunted Wudang and Murky Shadows... and Secret Imperial Edict were dubbed. The rest was in mandarin with czech subs.

Goldenswallow

Postby Goldenswallow » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:59 pm

Yeah you're right Chi, but those horrible 'new' dubs make them virtually impossible to enjoy, especially the references to Pizza and whatnot.

Pete Senior

Postby Pete Senior » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:18 pm

Very interesting thread. I've always enjoyed Mainland films with a passion for some of the authenticity in its display of WuShu arts.

fiol

Re:Re:Re:

Postby fiol » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:43 pm

[Quote=DongFangXu] [Quote=fiol] [Quote=DongFangXu] Hi friends,

as I am in a process of moving from town to town and finding new job and things around it I've found this theme a little too late after pollypolly tel me know about it.

Well, mainland wushu films are the reason why I started to collect kung fu films. The very first films I've seen back in the 80's (before the "Velvet Revolution" in our country) were these:

Pride's Deadly Fury (or just Deadly Fury) a.k.a Honor Of Dongfang Xu - very nice Baguazhang in the film.
Betrayal And Revenge
Murky Shadows....
Undaunted Wudang
The Magic Braid
Yellow River Fighter
and
Secret Imperial Edict

I was totally amazed by the moves in the movies and I especially like the first three films. But they are all good.

This is very good thread here - there's a lot I've never seen and known. Go on.[/Quote]

Oh! The movies were dubbed in ur country or just subbed?
We found out about mainland kung fu movies just in 2007 thanks to the famous Jet Li's "Shaolin Temple" (still one of the best in our opinion). We ve never known that mainland china actually did some kung fu movies since we didnt know any chinese, and english friendly websites about this subject were not available.
Now that we ve learned (and still learn) mandarin we had the chance to find out the truth.
We opened that blog to share our info with guys/gals who are into kf movies and it seems that we did the right things since we got only positive feedbacks :D
[/Quote]

Well, some of the films were dubbed and some were just subbed. I remember The Undaunted Wudang and Murky Shadows... and Secret Imperial Edict were dubbed. The rest was in mandarin with czech subs.[/Quote]

Oh i see. Thx for the info ^^

[Quote=Goldenswallow] Yeah you're right Chi, but those horrible 'new' dubs make them virtually impossible to enjoy, especially the references to Pizza and whatnot.[/Quote]

They sound awful lol

Return to “New Wave Movies”