Anyone else feel a slight disappointment in end fights?

HK Classics talk. Shaw Brothers, Golden Harvest and independent Classics. Share your views.
Silver & Gold Dragon

Anyone else feel a slight disappointment in end fights?

Postby Silver & Gold Dragon » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:08 pm

Because you know the film is about to end & you pretty much know that the main villain is going to die & the hands of the hero(s)â?¦maybe if itâ??s a Chang Cheh film then the hero(s) might die heroically.

I guess it's knowing your near the end of the film & pretty much knowing what's going to happen next.

The end really comes down to seeing Kung Fu techniques rather than techniques plus story.
It good to see training pay off especially if that trainings techniques are flash backed/recognisable/deja vu.

falkor

Postby falkor » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:48 pm

No disappointment. For me, the end fight is the grand finale, i.e. the pinacle of the movie. It's generally the best part of the entire movie and usually ends with me wanting more of the same thing or to start the next bill from the beginning with the story, training, mid-fight(s), end fight, etc. It's like a vicious cycle, but for me, one of life's greatest experiences--just remember to draw the curtains and turn of the lights! :)

ShaolinChamber36

Re:

Postby ShaolinChamber36 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:54 am

[Quote=ironfistedmonk2003]I find some end fights can be a let down, sometimes they use a cop out way to kill the villain or some gimmicky weapon or trick, or they just blow their load on choreographing an earlier fight which the end fight just doesn't live up to, this usually happens when the lead actors don't have the skills of the stunt guys who often look better in their short scenes before their demise.[/Quote]

Wow this is a dead on observation. I agree 100%!

Return to “Traditional Classic Movies”