Bruceploitation titles

HK Classics talk. Shaw Brothers, Golden Harvest and independent Classics. Share your views.
lauslee

Bruceploitation titles

Postby lauslee » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:36 pm

*Ninja in Town aka Ninja Death Chase was ATV series, I do have 3 original VHS tapes from Taiwan with 6 episodes with Ho Chung-Tao, but series actually have 12 episodes.

*Treasure of Bruce Lee is one of the movies that Bruce Le made down there in Phillpines for P.T. Insantra films, distributors mentioned that Chan Sing also have role in the film but suddenly his role showed up to just few cuts from movie "Bruce and Shaolin Kung Fu".

*Enter the Game of Death is Korean produced movie starring some of Koreans well known action stars of that period. It is actually one of Bruce Le's finest movies, Steve James from "American Ninja" have came as one of the fighters.

Kwai Chang

Re:Bruceploitation titles

Postby Kwai Chang » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:30 pm

[Quote=lauslee]It is actually one of Bruce Le's finest movies, Steve James from "American Ninja" have came as one of the fighters.[/Quote]

I don't know why fans rate Enter The Game Of Death so highly as Bruce's Deadly Fingers or Return Of Bruce are a lot better in my opinion. It's urban myth that Steve James appeared in Enter The Game Of Death. It was actually a guy called Samuel Walls.

lauslee

Postby lauslee » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:18 pm

Well actually I don't know either, personally I would rate "Bruce & Shaolin Kung Fu" as best Bruce Le work, but it ain't be who is rating movies. Enter the Game of Death is solid flick, much better then one good half of Huang Kin-Lung flicks but I will have to agree that it ain't the best.

About Steve James I can't agree with you and i'm pretty sure that he made appearance in the movie.

[img]http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt296/lauslee/samuel.jpg[/img]

[i]Samuel Walls[/i]
Guy that starred along-side Dragon Lee and Chang Yi-Tao in [b]Dragon on Fire[/b], also footage from the same movie was used for another Dragon Lee flick, Golden Dragon, Silver Snake.

[img]http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt296/lauslee/stevejames.jpg[/img]

This is Steve James, guy from "American Ninja" series and many other great action films.

Kwai Chang

Re: Steve James

Postby Kwai Chang » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:21 pm

[Quote=lauslee]
[img]http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt296/lauslee/stevejames.jpg[/img]

This is Steve James, guy from "American Ninja" series and many other great action films.[/Quote]

I recognise your obvious passion for Bruceploitation but that isn't Steve James.

lauslee

Bruceploitation titles

Postby lauslee » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:26 pm

[Quote]I recognise your obvious passion for Bruceploitation but that isn't Steve James.[/Quote]

It is possible that this guy ain't Steve James, but many sources mention that he made appearance in that film and this guy quite reminds me on him a lot, as I said I won't say that this is 100% him but it is very possible, at last I think...

Kwai Chang

Bruceploitation titles

Postby Kwai Chang » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:36 pm

[Quote]It is possible that this guy ain't Steve James, but many sources mention that he made appearance in that film and this guy quite reminds me on him a lot, as I said I won't say that this is 100% him but it is very possible, at last I think...[/Quote]

He really doesn't look like Steve James. We'll have to agree to disagree!

Silver & Gold Dragon

Re:

Postby Silver & Gold Dragon » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:22 am

[Quote=Pete Jr]Is this the most informative BruceXploitation thread on the net Yes...or...No?[/Quote]
As a stand alone thread probably, but [img]null[/img][url link=http://bruceleeclones.proboards.com]http://bruceleeclones.proboards.com[/url] specializes in Bruceploitation so there's could more info on there spread out over the 800 odd threads.

I wouldn't really know how much info is out there for MA films on non-English let alone Bruceploitation.

Kwai Chang

Postby Kwai Chang » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:46 am

It's an Indonesian movie which was made quite cheaply. Not great by any means but some of the action is ok. Chan Lau plays the villain who has his eyeballs gouged out Sonny Chiba style.

I know what you mean about the Bruce Le influence i.e animal style movements mixed with Lee mannerisms.

lauslee

Postby lauslee » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:34 am

Well there have been pretty much Bruce
Lee imitators mate, but as you know
there are 3 major imitators, those
were Bruce Li (Ho Chung-Tao), Bruce Le
(Huang Kin-Lung) and Dragon Lee (Mun Gyeong-Seok). Later they got head up
from Kim Tae-Jeong and Bruce Leung.
Those five guys were top known Lee
imitators but there have been numerous
other clones that made only few films.
For example Korean actor Chang Yi-Tao
made only one movie as Lee imitator (Bruce Lai) and then he continued his career as himself. There is also Fillipino politian and action star Rey Malonzo starred as "Bruce Ly" in
two movies. Another famous Fillipino
actor Ramon Zamora used to play Lee in several movies (Return of Dragon, Game of Death), unknown actor Bruce Thai, guy that played Thai clone in "The Clones of Bruce Lee". There is Japanese Karate master Tadashi Yamashita guy that used to be known under the nickname "Bronson Lee" in film "Bronson Lee Champion.
One of the biggest stars of Asian action
cinema Danny Lee used to play Bruce
in biographic movie "Bruce Lee, His Last Days and Nights". Korean grandmaster Jun Chong made appearance in cult film "Bruce Lee Fights Back From the Grave" under pseudonim Bruce K.L.Lea. There are some other lesser important clones as,
Shou Lung from "True Game of Death", Myron Bruce Lee from "Death Dimension" and some others. In the recent times two new Lee look-alikes turned up, those are Dragon Sek and newest sensation, Dragon Chen.

I hope that I helped you...

Pete Senior

Postby Pete Senior » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:41 am

Superb thread this, worth reviving.

Return to “Traditional Classic Movies”