The feats of Fong Sai Yuk 1968

HK Classics talk. Shaw Brothers, Golden Harvest and independent Classics. Share your views.
SaritaLinda18

The feats of Fong Sai Yuk 1968

Postby SaritaLinda18 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:47 pm

Fung Bo Bo plays Fang Shiyu (Fong Sai Yuk, FSY), Margaret Tu Chuan plays his mother Miao Cui Hua, Adam Cheng plays Hong Xi Guan (if I heard and understood well), Sum Chi Wah plays Li Siu Wa and Shih Kien plays this latter's father.

During a lion dance, FSY defeats another clan and he is acclaimed by his people, but Li Siu Wa comes and challenges him. Miao Cui Hua doesn't want him to fight, but he accepts the challenge and he is hurt by Li Siu Wa and his mother escapes with him in order to seek help. They are surrounded by Li Siu Wa's men and Miao Cui Hua is hurt by this latter, while Shih Kien throws FSY away, but this latter is saved by a nun, who helps Miao Cui Hua to escape with her son.

Miao Cui Hua brings her son to the Shaolin temple, where he is cured. Hong Xi Guan is his friend and FSY wants to learn more martrial arts, but the superior monk doesn't allow him to go to a special place. However, FSY fakes an illness and goes to the chamber where there are the wooden men (or bronzemen) and he is defeated.

Later, while Hong Xi Guan is helping him to bring water, FSY goes to a hidden place of the temple and is taken prisoner by a half mad monk. FSY's parents come to see him, but they can't go into the mad monk's cave and when they hear a scream, they believe that FSY is dead and they are totally desperate.

Actually, the mad monk has cured FSY and passed him his kung fu (if I understood well) and FSY returns at home just in time to save his parents from Li Siu Wa and her father.

Then, there is the famous fight on the poles between FSY and Shih Kien, but FSY is hurt and once again, it's the nun who saves him and fight with Shih Kien, while FSY saves once again his parents from Li Siu Wa and her men, and Shih Kien is finally killed.

It was a good surprise to see the beautiful Tu Chuan in something else than her Shaw Brothers' movies and to see her doing martial arts (I don't remember to have seen her in other genre than dramas when she played in Shaw Brothers' movies, but maybe I'm mistaken).

Shih Kien is the same as in his other Cnatonese martial arts movies, playing a villain with conviction.

Adam Cheng has only a few scenes that let guess what he will be able to do in his future great movies and series.

And Fung Bo Bo is also the same as in her other Cantonese martial arts movies...

The movie is on youtube (at least, it was a few weeks ago); you can find it by searching with its Chinese title.

KeungKau

Postby KeungKau » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:13 pm

Looks like a good film to watch SaritaLinda nice post :)

Eagles Claw Champ

Postby Eagles Claw Champ » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:37 am

blimmy luv you come back in style keep it going luv..............you got to be the number female fan on the scene trust me!!!!!!!

Return to “Traditional Classic Movies”