From The Highway 1970 Classic (Re-Mastered Subs)

Latest and upcoming FLK projects.

Moderator: Pete Senior

HAZ74

Postby HAZ74 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:21 pm

Is this the same project that the Fusubs people did? They couldn't release it due to lack of interest. Glad to see it out.

HAZ74

Postby HAZ74 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:20 pm

It's great that someone had the reels. That's incredible.

HAZ74

Postby HAZ74 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:15 pm

I guess the only guy who could claim ownership of this is the guy who owns the reels. Is the translation entirely original or is it the fu subs translation? That people can see this movie is a huge deal.

HAZ74

Postby HAZ74 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:27 pm

If the guy who had the reels gave you permission, then I don't think it can be called "stolen". It's his telecine, and I'm sure he wanted to see some money back for it. The menus look great, btw. It's too bad that the flk people & fu subs people have so much bad blood. Both have put out some nice rares.

HAZ74

Postby HAZ74 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:30 pm

Fusubs had been planning for a long time to put this out and had an arrangement with the owner of the reels. I'm sure that's why this stings. If fusubs & flk did a project together, that would be one heck of a film.

kaleyboy

Postby kaleyboy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:51 pm

What I will state now are facts, nothing else. Hopefully my post will not be deleted in a cowardly manner like the last one.
Roger Judd was given a copy of the 35mm reels DVD whilst having dinner with the owner, in person, in Italy, back in 2009. Roger didn't trade or seek to sell it in any way. Around autumn (fall) last year, we happened to be discussing this particular film. He mentioned he had a copy of 35mm version, and immediately I responded that I could make a project of it. He then contacted his friend in Italy to ask his permission to do the project, and his friend agreed. I then took the original version, added Mandarin audio, English subs, cleaned up and lightened the print to make it even more watchable. When the print was finished, Roger sent a copy to his Italian friend and I put a clip on our FuSubs youtube account. Now, all this time later, Pete is selling almost the exact same version here on FLK and calling it an FLK project. Coincidence? A bloody big one if you ask me! We were intended to eventually sell it and pay $500 to the original owner; now that won't happen thanks to FLK.

kaleyboy

Postby kaleyboy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:31 pm

As normal Pete, instead of a coherent reply, you just get on your soap box and start to rant. There is no contradiction whatsoever between my two posts. FuSubs "were" going to sell it and pay $500 to the owner, until it was seen for sale on your site for £25. It was "then" that I decided to upload it for free, as I still believe you stole our project, so I had every right to upload it.

HAZ74

Postby HAZ74 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:12 pm

Just for the sake of clarity, did the owner of the reels give FLK the fusubs project on DVD or just the telecined film?

kaleyboy

Postby kaleyboy » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:02 am

Knowing about a print and actually having that print are two entirely different things. For instance, I know someone who has a print of Magic Ring. now, that doesn't mean it's my print, and it doesn't mean I can steal it and make a project out of it.

kaleyboy

Postby kaleyboy » Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:42 pm

I have made all the points I wish to make concerning this matter; what I have presented are solid facts, none of which are refutable. Everyone is now able to draw their own conclusions. But if it would make you happy to ban me, then please feel free to do so. Most of the time I only lurk here; a ban is of no consequence at all :)

Return to “FLK Projects”