what was the first kung fu film you ever watch

Mainly Firendy Conversations

Moderator: Pete Senior

Ol'Dirty

Postby Ol'Dirty » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:04 pm

I think like many others my first was a Jackie Chan classic - Snake In The Eagle's Shadow when I was around 5 years old (you should have seen me after I was snake fisting all over the house, have even got it on home video!). After this it was Drunken Master, which made me curious about Hwang Jang Lee..... and well the chain still goes on today.

[Quote][I]originaly posted by Hwang Jang Lee[/I][B]but its also got that inexplicable Korean mix of charm and frustration.[/B][/Quote]
Excellent way to describe some of my favourite Korean films!

Ol'Dirty

Postby Ol'Dirty » Thu Sep 15, 2005 5:38 pm

[Quote][I]originaly posted by Ninja Sinai[/I][B]But my first real old skool kung fu movie was Snake In The Eagles Shadow. In my opinion, an I know my friend Ol'Dirty agrees with me, that it is the greatest old skool kung fu movie EVER made![/B][/Quote]
You damn straight there Ninj, it truly is a wonderful film. I've got a huge backlog of films to watch but I find myself coming back to this maybe once every 2 months. Stone cold classic!

RTF600

Postby RTF600 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:36 pm

The first kung fu film I saw was sort of a double bill, with Enter The Dragon and The Duel (Duel Of The Iron Fist) and it wasn't until I saw King Boxer (5 Fingers Of Death) that I became a lover for kung fu movies.

morgoth bauglir

Postby morgoth bauglir » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:30 am

The first kf movie I watched was on late night cable when I was around 10 years old. All I remember were these guys were having a very tough fight in the mud. I had never seen anything like it. It was so cool! I think it was Tough Guy with Chen Sing. Somebody told me awhile ago that it might be Tough Guy and I think they are right. I still need to get a copy of it to confirm this.

The next week I had the VCR ready to record in case another kf movie came on at the same time. Well, one did come on, and it was Ninja Hunter. After seeing that I was hooked.

Magnificent Disciple

Postby Magnificent Disciple » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:37 pm

Heroes of the East/Shaolin challenges ninja was the first flick I recall watching and is still up there as one of my all time fav's.

lauslee

Postby lauslee » Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:49 pm

First movie in my whole life that i watched was Goodbye Bruce Lee: His Last Game of Death starring Bruce Li.

Return to “Open Topics”