Hung Gar Iron Wire Short Movie

Mainly Firendy Conversations

Moderator: Pete Senior

peringaten

Hung Gar Iron Wire Short Movie

Postby peringaten » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:15 pm

Hi FLK crew, been working on some short kung films with my teacher & my brother; just done our best one yet I reckon, based around the Iron Wire Fist set - hung gar style's top form & the one that gives the style it's power base... it's a form of iron shirt, so we decided to film in an iron forge...

[youtube]YYno-Z5-Y1k[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYno-Z5-Y1k

Lau Kar Leung had Fu Sheng & Gordon show the style at the openings of Disciples of Shaolin & 36th Chamber...
My Sifu Leo Au Yeung learnt it from Lau Kar Leung's student Sin Kwok Lam... Put this on a few forums, but didn't mention the following elsewhere: As a member of the Lau family Sifu was lucky enough to be passed down 4 metal rings originally forged especially for Lau Kar Leung; so in the vid he is using 4 of LKL's original personal rings. They're the darker ones, particularly made to condition better than the bogstandard; also the t-shirt is unique to LKL students, made from LKL's hand inked calligraphy.

Think we've done the lineage justice with this one.

KeungKau

Postby KeungKau » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:23 am

This is a very well produced video ,
I especially like the music ,

is it true that the Iron Wire form can take up too 30minutes to perform including all the intrinsic movements and breathing?

Pete Senior

Re:

Postby Pete Senior » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:39 am

[Quote=KeungKau]This is a very well produced video ,

is it true that the Iron Wire form can take up too 30minutes to perform including all the intrinsic movements and breathing?
[/Quote]

Must agree with you.

peringaten

Re:

Postby peringaten » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:02 am

Thanks guys. Music is from Shaolin Mantis & Human Lanterns...

[Quote=KeungKau]This is a very well produced video ,

[/Quote]

Time spent on the iron wire depends on what you are doing with it; the form is a dictionary of techniques, principles & exercises... putting it into sentences is the fun part. I mostly extrapolate sections to concentrate on rather than just read the whole alphabet start to finish... but even the whole form can take different lengths of time - this doesn\'t mean the method behind the techniques changes, but you can play with the speed of the movements & energy depending on how you\'re trying to focus...

KeungKau

Postby KeungKau » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:07 am

Thanks Peringaten,

That makes sense what you said about Iron Wire,
Actually I like the series of Videos with you and your Sifu on Youtube.

I think one of the Gung Gee Fook Fu Kuen videos
has the music from Dirty Tiger Crazy Frog ;)

How long have you been learning Hung Kuen for?

Keung

Return to “Open Topics”