What have you watched recently?

Mainly Firendy Conversations

Moderator: Pete Senior

KeungKau

Postby KeungKau » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:03 pm

Thanks for the confirmation on
The Challenger Saritalinda18
I've heard alot people hype up that film so I should check it out
the other film I keep hearing good things about is The Himalayan I think Samtheseed wrote a glowing review on it?

I watched about the first 10 minutes of
The New Game Of Death I cant say it was that engaging what I saw of it.

From What I've seen so far of Ho Chung Tao
The Man & The Myth is the best I've seen him in so far ,
although saying that alot of people rate Chinese Stuntman which has Danny Inosanto in it?

SaritaLinda18

Postby SaritaLinda18 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:05 pm

The Himalayan is a greaaat Angela Mao's movie, in which she is helped by Tan Tao Liang to get revenge on Chen Hsing who has framed her family and left her for dead.

Don't miss this one, it's worth it.

If you want a good movie with Ho CHung Tao, then take a look at The mIng patriot, it's worth watching too.

SaritaLinda18

Postby SaritaLinda18 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:06 pm

What is this post from Silver and Golden dragon on the top of page 12 ?????!!!!!

KeungKau

Postby KeungKau » Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:25 am

I saw Shaolin Vs Wu-Tang for the first time the other day considering all the hype,

I must admit it wasn't as great as I thought it was going to be there was a bit of an exciting build up in the middle but
I couldnt quite get into it :|

It reminded me of the
36th Chamber Of Shaolin with the training sequences but seemed to lack something?

I cant quite put my finger on it?
Maybe I should watch it again?

Did anyone else feel like that when watching it or having expectations before seeing a particular film?

And felt differently after watching them a second time?

I'm not slamming the film it was okay
I think I had a really high expectation? which maybe marred my experience?

I felt this way when I saw
8 Diagram Pole Fighter aswell ,

I loved the training scenes again &
the finale was fantastic

Please dont misinterpret me as in putting down these films that people hold in high regard?

I'm not sure if I boosted these films up so much before watching them that I couldn't just enjoy them?

I also watched Martial Arts of Shaolin
Shaolin Temple 3 on subbed VCD

I saw the trilogy back on dubbed VHS,
in 2000 back in the day I still think the first one was the best IMO.

I still have a waiting list of films to watch when I get the time....

SuperK

Postby SuperK » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:45 am

[Quote=KeungKau] Did anyone else feel like that when watching it or having expectations before seeing a particular film? [/Quote]
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
This situation has happened to me on many occasions. Over-expectations of a movie that had excessive hype. Well the old saying goes "Everyone to his own"

KeungKau

Postby KeungKau » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:20 am

I've Just finished watching The Challenger
an epic final confrontation I must say |:o
Great performances from David Chiang & Norman Tsui Siu Keung
(also saw him recently in
Three Against The World opposite Andy Lau ,
Fiery family and A Bloody Fight
I've also seen him in a tv series with Lam Ching Ying about vampires? not sure of the name though?)

hawk4

Postby hawk4 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:41 pm

I also like to watch Norman Tsui Siu Keung. I loved the Challenger and A liked Bloody Fight. Plus I liked Three against the World. Have you seen the Bastard Swordsman 1 and 2? They were good too.

SaritaLinda18

Postby SaritaLinda18 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:25 pm

David Chiang and Norman Tsui have an epic fight at the end of the movie Dragon killer. Very good fights in it with two Thai (?) actor/actress who fight very well too.

KeungKau

Postby KeungKau » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:15 am

Cheers Hawk4 & SaritaLinda
I've not seen neither Bastard Swordsman or Dragon Killer thanks for the recommendations I shall have to keep my eye out for those.

I watched Duel of The Seven Tigers
with my wife and father in law at first
my father in law initially thought
Sharon Yeung Pan Pan was MaoYing
(Angela Mao)

I dont think I've seen her before but she was quite good does anybody now about her martial arts background?

Chiu Chi Ling was great and the bloke from The Big Boss and Broken Oath was good too
han Yin Chieh ( is he from Mainland China?)
I'd be interested to learn abit more about him too?

Young & Dangerous 5 no Jordon Chan in this one but a kickboxing bout at the end..

Finally got round to seeing
New Shaolin Boxer with Fu Sheng & Beardy
throughly enjoyed that too...

SaritaLinda18

Postby SaritaLinda18 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:12 am

I think Han Ying Chieh began in old Cathay movies such as Black panther 1969. He was also the villain in Bruce Lee's Big boss (Oh, sorry, I just relaized that you already know that)and it seems to me that he also played in The eight invincibles with Angela Mao. You should go to hkmdb, you'll have his filmography.

Yeung Pan Pan is a Shaw Brother's actress who played in some movies and also TVB series before becoming an action director or stuntwoman, I don't remember exactly. If you have Shaw Brothers dvds with extras, there are interviewes with her, explaining her career, and, of course, you'll find her filmography on hkmdb too.

If you look for Dragon killer, be careful because there are two movies with the same title, so, you'll have to verify that David Chiang plays in it.If you can't find it, send me a pm.

Return to “Open Topics”