What have you watched recently?

Mainly Firendy Conversations

Moderator: Pete Senior

Silver & Gold Dragon

What have you watched recently?

Postby Silver & Gold Dragon » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:53 am

The forums been pretty quite recently.
If we post in this thread I'm pretty sure we can get quite a few post I seen threads like this on other forums I think they had one on Pod Cast on Fire that go so big they made a second thread or they did a year of that thread or something...but what triggered this thread was samtheseed's post in the thread 'Where is Everyone on FLK?'
[Quote=samtheseed]By the way, what are you guy's watching this evening? I'm gonna watch the latest Batman movie-The Dark Knight Rises and then my main feature! Crippled Kung Fu Boxer.[/Quote]
I know I'm going on a bit but I think the thread will work something like you post a name of a film you watched or even TV program then you can add more detail if you like. Also it doesn't have to be Martial Arts.

Right let me kick this thread off
WARRIOR FROM SHAOLIN aka CARRY ON WISE GUY it was ok it was about a monk played by Gordon Liu whoâ??s transporting the plans of the Japanese army but Eric Tsang & Lau Kar-Leungâ??s nephew: Lau Ga-Yung characters think its treasure. It was pretty average really. I did find Eric & Ga Yung characters were some what amusing & really enjoyed the way Lau Kar-Wing & Lilly Li fought together as a team surprised no one mention them in my â??Two main villains?â?? thread.

DAGGER 8 Story: training under 3 masters: a cook, an acrobat & woman. Oh man I really enjoyed this one I will need to re-watch this one but I think this is now a personal favourite of mine now. I guess the reason is cos Iâ??m a sucker for training scenes I love films like 36th CHAMBER OF SHAOLIN, CRIPPLED AVENGERS, FIVE SUPERFIGHTERS & INVINCIBLE SHAOLIN. Also Wilson Tong character was cool with his 8 Daggers.

ODD COUPLE this one has always been a favourite of mine & the best weapons film IMO. The story is King of the Sabres & King of the Spears have had a fight ever year for 15 years but itâ??s always a draw so they decide to get students & have them battle each other. Sammo Hung & Lau Kar-Wing actually play two characters each by is Sammo plays King of the Sabres & Lau plays King of the Spears which are both old master characters & King of the Sabres(Sammo) takes Lauâ??s second character(much younger) as his student & King of the Spears(Lau) takes Sammoâ??s second character(much younger) as his, it might not sound it but I think this works really well. I really like the Sammo Hung as his younger character vs Huang Ha & Billy Chan fight cos of itâ??s uniqueness it has opera beats(see video below) I know Dean Shekâ??s not every oneâ??s taste(ok Iâ??m being light people hate him) but I enjoyed him it this one I did find him some what amusing but really I think it was down to my mood.
[youtube]PQenLbNwmAY[/youtube]

Well you don't have to write as much detail as I did just a title will do

Silver & Gold Dragon

Postby Silver & Gold Dragon » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:06 am

Also made a couple of video's based off this thread:
[youtube]a5h3NaimZeQ[/youtube]

[youtube]kUzOKiMGwDk[/youtube]

Silver & Gold Dragon

Postby Silver & Gold Dragon » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:06 pm

I watched CAT VS RAT yesterday I just love the rivalry between Fu Sheng & Adam Cheng.

Anyone else watched anything recently?

samtheseed

Postby samtheseed » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:09 pm

I've not watched any Kung Fu movies of late.
But. what i have been watching is the American T.V.series (LOST) that ran from 2004 to 2010 culminating in 6 seasons.
Season 1. Excellent
Season 2. Excellent
Season 3. Great
Season 4. Great, but complicated
Season 5. Haven't viewed the full series
Season 6. As above.

pollypolly

Re:

Postby pollypolly » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:07 pm

[Quote=rdenn]just watched that lovers blade upgrade, some sick movement in that movie [/Quote]

Likewise, it's almost like a new film. Bit too much lame comedy for my tastes but the final 15-20 mins is just classic Shaw material.

samtheseed

Postby samtheseed » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:16 am

I totally agree with you...venomsfreak.
Season 5 was interesting, instead of the usual flash-backs we got flash-forwards. season 6 was all about Locke and Jacob.
Locke being the Black Smoke was great, then it all went downhill. Jack Shepard taking over from Jacob, and then Desmond getting all the gang together by visiting them and telling them to "Remember" their time on the island.
And to end the show by letting the viewers know that they were in Purgatory all the time.

samtheseed

Postby samtheseed » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:57 pm

Tonight's viewing will be-
Double Dragon In Last Duel (1985)
The Kung Fu Master (2012)

Silver & Gold Dragon

Postby Silver & Gold Dragon » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:03 pm

THE EAGLE'S KILLER
Hwang Jang Lee seem more powerful than usual maybe it cos im used to his powerful kicks but his Eagle was very powerful in this.

Silver & Gold Dragon

Postby Silver & Gold Dragon » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:48 pm

I watched PRISON ON FIRE 1 & 2
Certainly more drama than CITY ON FIRE with a little bit of action though(it being a drama it's more sloppy & real than the form art of Martial Arts) it was good none the less reminded me of what ive seen in a few prison docs.
Though the second one had a bit more action & more about prison escape.
& I think I'll watch THE MIRACLE FIGHTERS & TAOISM DRUNKARD most of you probably know these are Kung Fu, Fantasy, Mo Lai Tau(Nonsense Comedy)from the Yuen Clan.
I didn't like THE YOUNG TAOISM FIGHTER at first cos it was so wacky but the second I knew it was going to be wacky & I then though it was quite good then watched SHAOLIN DRUNKARD & though not a Yuen Clan I watched EXCITING DRAGON which is a similar style. & I should be watching THE MIRACLE FIGHTERS & TAOISM DRUNKARD though THE MIRACLE FIGHTERS is subbed so I don't know if I'll like it as much Kung Fu Comedies seem better for me in the dubs the older ones at least & TAOISM DRUNKARD is one of those newer dubs

Anybody else watching anything this weekend?

samtheseed

Postby samtheseed » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:08 pm

Yeah...The Granddaughter!
That's what I'm watching this weekend.
I'll be watching 7 Grandmasters and Incredible Shaolin Thunderkick.

Return to “Open Topics”