Two Movies Worth Looking For

Mainly Firendy Conversations

Moderator: Pete Senior

samtheseed

Two Movies Worth Looking For

Postby samtheseed » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:31 am

(1) New Tales Of Flying Fox.

Shaw Brothers may only have made one good film in 1984, but New Tales Of The Flying Fox totally makes up for the rest - in 89 minutes it manages to squeeze in almost everything that's good about Shaws and wu xia. It feels a lot like one of Chor Yuen's 70's wu xia pian in a higher wired-up gear. It's a shame that classic Shaws actors like Chen Kuan Tai, Yueh Hua and Ti Lung weren't really around when it was made, but the cast of lesser known actors does a good enough job (and Kara Hui is fantastic). Great story, great production values and excellent action scenes - a total FUN experience.

(2) Long Road To Gallantry

Hands down, this is one of the best Shaw Brothers wuxia ever!! Okay, that's not for me to decide, but this sure is one of my favorite offerings from SB. This movie is just so darn cool! Kenny Ho has always been one of my fav actors, but I had NO IDEA that his martial arts is this skillful. Let me tell you something about the action here -- it is jaw-droppinly dynamic!! You've never seen it this good.

Hui Ying Hung once again plays a victim of a love triangle, and her character's death is quite tragic. Rosemund Kwan, in one of her first roles, appears as amateur as you'd expect, and she's doubled in the fight scenes. But trust me, expect the greatest performance of their career from Kenny Ho, Kara, Lung Tien Hsiang, and Jason Pai Piao, especially kung fu wise. I wish the Shaw Brothers made more stuff like this.

CKCGIRL

Postby CKCGIRL » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:42 pm

Sounds like both are worth checking out even if CKC isn't in them!

samtheseed

Postby samtheseed » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:08 pm

You Won't Be Disappointed...CKCGIRL
Definitely Worth Checking Out.

SaritaLinda18

Postby SaritaLinda18 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:09 pm

Samtheseed is right, they are superb, especially Long road to gallantry.

samtheseed

Postby samtheseed » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:45 am

Thanks for the recommendation (Legend Of The Fox). It's Downloading As I Write.
And those are excellent posters...Pete Jr.

SaritaLinda18

Postby SaritaLinda18 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:41 am

In my opinion, Legend of the fox is better, but it's only my opinion...

Return to “Open Topics”