your favourite records/bands

Mainly Firendy Conversations

Moderator: Pete Senior

chopsocky

Postby chopsocky » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:47 pm

i got loads of live early cbgbs cramps bootlegs and demos.

but yeah after about 83-84 no longer that interested

chopsocky

Postby chopsocky » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:48 pm

you should check out the art book, sinister legends by kris grier, he's a great artist and about half the book is cramps material.

pollypolly

Re:

Postby pollypolly » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:15 pm

[Quote=chopsocky] you should check out the art book, sinister legends by kris grier, he's a great artist and about half the book is cramps material.[/Quote]

Sounds cool mate, I love The Cramp's artwork.

Fabhui

Re:

Postby Fabhui » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:45 am

[Quote=chopsocky] ANY FANS OF THE CRAMPS?[/Quote]

Oh yes!! But then again I am into my Psychobilly, Neo-Rockabilly and Punkabilly! |:o

ShaolinChamber36

Postby ShaolinChamber36 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:02 am

Am I the only one here who grew up on Hip Hop? As a DJ, I primarily listen to and mix R&B and Hip Hop... I listen to all kinds of music though.

Goldenswallow

Postby Goldenswallow » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:51 am

I've got quite diverse tastes but I've always had a love of hip hop, particularly from the Golden age of the late 80's / early 90's such as Pharcyde, Tribe Called Quest, Digital Underground, Gang Starr etc etc. When I was in school the whole Breakdancing / Electro Phenomena was at it's peak and I've been into it since then.

As I've mentioned in other threads I've been DJing for 20 odd years so I've managed to meet and share the bill with many of my musical heroes - Grandmaster Flash, Afrika Bambaataa, Cash Money to name a few.

Having said all that though my favourite band is probably The Smiths lol

I can listen to most genres of music as long as it's 'good' (IMO).

chopsocky

Postby chopsocky » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:11 pm

i absoluutely love the miths, they are the only band i have consistently listened to since age 12. As for hiphop i like older stuff, afrika bambataa is one othe key hiphop players but also jurassic 5.

Been listening to alot of the the, aztect camera and suicide recently.
Suicide are one of the most neglected but important bands ever, like the velvet underground oly electronic. anyone ever made it all the way through lou reeds metal machine music. I just got the remastered version.

pollypolly

Re:

Postby pollypolly » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:11 pm

[Quote=chopsocky]
Suicide are one of the most neglected but important bands ever, like the velvet underground oly electronic. anyone ever made it all the way through lou reeds metal machine music. I just got the remastered version.[/Quote]

I've got a lot of time for Suicide (Dream Baby Dream & Cheree being my faves) but The Velvets are probably in my top 5 favourite bands. Yep, I've sat through Reed's MMM...can't say I'll go back to it though!...

esap

Postby esap » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:46 pm

I am into metal music. Black/death/thrash or just heavy metal are my cup of tea!
Here's some favourite bands: Mayhem, Sodom, Darkthrone, Kreator, Emperor, (old) Metallica, Destruction, Agent Steel, Exodus, Dark Funeral, Watain ......etc.... too many to name... But i still listen some other rock music too (except proggressive rock)

esap

Re:Re:

Postby esap » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:34 pm

[Quote=Fabhui] [Quote=chopsocky] ANY FANS OF THE CRAMPS?[/Quote]

Oh yes!! But then again I am into my Psychobilly, Neo-Rockabilly and Punkabilly! |:o[/Quote]

These genres arevery OK too!:)

Return to “Open Topics”