Book and sword TVB 1978

The best of Kung Fu tv series
SaritaLinda18

Book and sword TVB 1978

Postby SaritaLinda18 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:26 pm

Here is a short synopsis of what I understood when I watched the Mandarin version.

Ha Yu and Gigi Wong play a couple belonging to two different clans and who fall in love. They are less or more kidnapped by Shih Kien and " land " on an isle where Gigi Wong gives birth to a boy called Zhang Wu Ji and Shih Kien (who is now blind, if I remember well) becomes his godfather and the three of them teach him martial arts.

Later, the couple return to Ha Yu's clan, but all the clans want to get a martial arts book they have found and in order to avoid the book being stolen on bad purpose, Ha Yu finally commits suicide, and his wife is so desperate that she kills herself too, leaving Zhang Wu Ji alone. The boy has to escape because everybody is after him and he falls from a cliff and finds shelter in a cave where he is helped and raised by a white monkey.

When he is a man, he meets a lot of people who is still looking for the martial arts book, among whom there is the Emei sect, with Angie Chiu playing the elder student, another sect using poisons, and Liza Wang's clan. The three girls (one of them belongs to the poison clan) fall for him and he finally decides to marry Angie Chiu, but Liza Wang discovers that Angie's purpose is only to get the book and that it's her who killed the girl from the poison clan, so, Wu Ji fights with Angie in order to save Liza and he finally escapes with Liza in order to cure her and the two of them decide to find out who are the good guys and who are the bad guys among all the clans. There is also a story with the Mandchous, if I'm not mistaken, and Liza's father and brother are trapped by the Mandchous and finally, Zhang Wu Ji gets rid of the bad guys, but Liza has been trapped and the end of the series let suppose that she is dead.

It's a superb series.

Return to “Kung Fu Tv Series”