Best DVD Special Features

Feel free to pop in here and pose any question to the board. The resident members will be more than happy to help out, whether it be movie identification or star geneaology, chances are someone here can answer you.
YnEoS

Best DVD Special Features

Postby YnEoS » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:15 pm

Just wondering what all of you consider to be the Kung Fu DVD releases with the best special features. Emphasizing quality, and information you can't get elsewhere over quantity. Many a times I've sat through a whole commentary track and learned nothing, when reading 1-2 pages of notes was jam packed with valuable info. Obviously the HKL and DD releases (minus the recent ones) have a bunch of special features on them. So which ones have the most interesting interviews or commentaries, which IVL Shaw Brothers releases have good English language features? What other US and UK DVD labels have good extras?

Would appreciate any and all recommendations, the more the better. Listing the obvious stuff is also really helpful.

SaritaLinda18

Postby SaritaLinda18 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:23 pm

It comes to my mind a documentary in two parts with David Chiang which was on the dvds New one armed swordsman ; I don't remember on which dvd was the second part.

There was also a good documentary about Liu Chia Liang, perhaps in 8 diagram pole fighter on in the boxset Kung fu comedy (Dirty Hi, Mad monkey kung fu and the third one of the boxset escapes to me), an interview of Lily Li, some comments about Fu Sheng on other dvds (most of them were on the Wildside collection, French subtitled movies).

If I have time, I'll check my dvds and tell you the titles of the dvds on which there are the bonus.

YnEoS

Postby YnEoS » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:46 am

Thanks for the suggestions!

Return to “Newbie Question Area”