As Tears Go By (1988)

For disscussion about gun play movies of all the eras.
pollypolly

As Tears Go By (1988)

Postby pollypolly » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:24 pm

I've got two versions of [B]As Tears Go By[/B], the Hong Kong Megastar re-release DVD print and the old (cut) UK M.I.H.K tape. Both versions are missing the ending where Andy Lau [B]***SPOILERS*** > [/B] [Hide]doesn't die but ends up in an asylum. There's also scenes of Maggie Cheung visiting him and helping him eat.[/Hide]

Does anyone have this version or at least know where it originates from? Laserdisc perhaps?

Edit: ok, seems like I've answered my own question. Apparently it's the Korean VHS that has the extended ending. Bit of a long shot but if anyone reading does have a copy of that print, please do drop me a PM. :)

Pete Jr

Postby Pete Jr » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:54 am

I had no idea the UK version was cut Polly....this is an OK movie IMO!!!

rarebastard

Re:As Tears Go By (1988)

Postby rarebastard » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:36 pm

[Quote=pollypolly] I've got two versions of [B]As Tears Go By[/B], the Hong Kong Megastar re-release DVD print and the old (cut) UK M.I.H.K tape. Both versions are missing the ending where Andy Lau [B]***SPOILERS*** > [/B] [Hide]doesn't die but ends up in an asylum. There's also scenes of Maggie Cheung visiting him and helping him eat.[/Hide]

Does anyone have this version or at least know where it originates from? Laserdisc perhaps?

Edit: ok, seems like I've answered my own question. Apparently it's the Korean VHS that has the extended ending. Bit of a long shot but if anyone reading does have a copy of that print, please do drop me a PM. :)[/Quote]
i will check my laser 4 U polly

pollypolly

Re:Re:As Tears Go By (1988)

Postby pollypolly » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:41 pm

[Quote=rarebastard] [Quote=pollypolly] I've got two versions of [B]As Tears Go By[/B], the Hong Kong Megastar re-release DVD print and the old (cut) UK M.I.H.K tape. Both versions are missing the ending where Andy Lau [B]***SPOILERS*** > [/B] [Hide]doesn't die but ends up in an asylum. There's also scenes of Maggie Cheung visiting him and helping him eat.[/Hide]

Edit: ok, seems like I've answered my own question. Apparently it's the Korean VHS that has the extended ending. Bit of a long shot but if anyone reading does have a copy of that print, please do drop me a PM. :)[/Quote]
i will check my laser 4 U polly[/Quote]

I'd like to welcome Rarebastard back to the forum after a long hiatus. It's nice to see you back in this section (which you pretty much singlehandedly kept alive back then).

Thanks in advance, please let me know if it does appear in the LD print too. Thanks!

Eagles Claw Champ

Postby Eagles Claw Champ » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:33 pm

De rarebastard is back on da seen nice one mate mek we move on to better tings mate.Good to have you back mate|:o

rarebastard

Postby rarebastard » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:09 pm

respect mi bredren|:o

Eagles Claw Champ

Postby Eagles Claw Champ » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:55 pm

respect all round my don we yard man ha fe keep up da trend yes!

rarebastard

Postby rarebastard » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:01 pm

hate can't conquer love you nuh seet

Return to “Heroic Gunshed Discussion”