MR. X

For disscussion about gun play movies of all the eras.
Kwai Chang

MR. X

Postby Kwai Chang » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:18 am

This is a strange production which was released in 1995. It was produced by George Tan/Toby Russell and directed by Ed Woo(Godfrey Ho?). The reason I mention Ho is that he actually co-stars in this cut and paste affair as a character named 'Godfather Ho'. Anyway, I digress slightly. My reason for purchasing the DVD is that it stars Joe Lewis who was the greatest US tournament fighter of all time.

The movie is basically an IFD style production (think Fist Of Legend 2) and consists of an 80s gunplay film and newly filmed footage of Joe Lewis, Godfrey Ho and Bruce Lee associate Chaplin Chang. The new footage is in English (not dubbed) and the older film has English subtitles. I can't identify the film in question although it stars Chan Wai Man, Dick Wei and Roy Chiao. To be honest, I only really watched the Joe Lewis scenes.

The DVD is part of double feature released by Kung Fu Theater and can be purchased quite cheaply. As a fan of Joe Lewis the extra seminar/interview features are worth the price of the DVD alone. Is anybody familar with the background to this whole project?

Kwai Chang

Postby Kwai Chang » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:37 pm

Mr. X was put together in a similar fashion to Fist Of Legend 2. However, the two projects aren't related in terms of footage used. There aren't any opening credits for Mr. X and as a result I wasn't expecting to ever see Godfrey Ho as an actor!

Return to “Heroic Gunshed Discussion”