Dragon Fighters

For disscussion about gun play movies of all the eras.
pollypolly

Dragon Fighters

Postby pollypolly » Thu May 01, 2008 12:24 pm

I placed an order at YesAsia for a copy of Moon Lee's 'Devil Hunters' on VCD but rather annoyingly, they have sent me a different film in error.

After a bit of investigation, it looks like the film that they've sent me is another heroic gunshed movie called 'DRAGON FIGHTER' featuring a very similar cast but minus Moon Lee & Chan Wei Man. This one stars Sibelle Hu again but also adds Michiko Nishiwaki.

My question is - is 'Dragon Fighter' any good and is it worth keeping? Any help much appreciated!

Hwang Jang Lee

Postby Hwang Jang Lee » Thu May 01, 2008 4:14 pm

I haven't seen it myself. Here's a fight scene:

[url link=http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=I3w5XGEbIy0&feature=related]http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=I3w5XGEbIy0&feature=related[/url]

Since they sent you the wrong film, can't you open it and copy it. Then send it back and say you realised when you put it in your player? Of course I don't condone dishonesty, more a recompense for the inconvenience!

pollypolly

Postby pollypolly » Thu May 01, 2008 8:18 pm

Cheers Hwang! Top man.
Well...looking at that clip, it doesn't actually look too bad. I'll probably just grin & bear it and hang on to it. Knowing my luck, it'll get lost in the post if I sent it back to Hong Kong!

Out of interest, how do people rate 'Devil Hunters'? I've no doubt that Moon Lee is great but does anyone know how big a role Chan Wai Man has at all?

rarebastard

Postby rarebastard » Thu May 01, 2008 11:19 pm

devil hunters is a nice film the action is crisp.
dragon fighter is the best i have personaly seen michiko look in action scenes. all the action looks crisp. get them both!!
i dont think chen wei man does too much in his role if your a fan of his, stick to his bashers

pollypolly

Postby pollypolly » Fri May 02, 2008 8:02 am

Thanks for the feedback Rare. Glad to hear that you rate Dragon Fighters - in that case I'll keep it!.
Will also try and secure a copy of Devil Hunters at some point. Cheers for your help.

rarebastard

Postby rarebastard » Fri May 02, 2008 4:37 pm

not a problem
glad someone else is into the gunsheds flicks let me know iif yours is dubbed in cantonese and subbed

pollypolly

Postby pollypolly » Fri May 02, 2008 9:53 pm

It's mainly the "femme fatale" stuff that I like but I like some of the more male dominated mid-80's gunshed stuff too.

Yes mate, Dragon Fighters was Cantonese with English subs (+ slightly wide).

rarebastard

Postby rarebastard » Sat May 03, 2008 1:15 pm

do you have a link for that vcd? i want one :)
new wave has so many sub-genres there is something for everyone if you look. its a shame those genres are like the stepchild to most oldschool fans and are ignored real shame that.

pollypolly

Postby pollypolly » Sun May 04, 2008 5:34 pm

The only thing is mate, I ordered Devil Hunter and ended up with Dragon Fighter. Now, I can't see Dragon Fighter on YesAsia's site (even though they sent it to me!) but I can give you the link to Devil Hunter?

[url link=http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code-c/section-videos/pid-1002982784/]Devil Hunter / Dragon Fighter[/url]

Here's a proposal mate - if you order it and end up with Devil Hunter, I'll swap it with you for my Dragon Fighter!? How's that? |:o

rarebastard

Postby rarebastard » Mon May 05, 2008 4:52 am

they have their own warehouse in ontario and ship direct from here so it would be different people handling the order but from that link i can pretty much assume its going to be dragon fighter|:o because there is no sign of ray liu on that art work it seems more like moonexploitation on the art
but i do have the tai seng tape of devil hunters

Return to “Heroic Gunshed Discussion”