anyone have any suggestions on what i should look for next???

For disscussion about gun play movies of all the eras.
pollypolly

Postby pollypolly » Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:31 pm

Thanks for all your picks guys.
For me, the more downbeat the better, and there are a few in those lists that I'll try to check out.

pollypolly

Re:

Postby pollypolly » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:04 pm

[Quote=rarebastard]
come on guys and gals the more picks the better polly i know you have seen alot as well. ;)

[/Quote]

Ha ha! That's very kind Rare, however I'll be the first to admit that I'm a bit of a New Wave / Gunplay novice!.

That said however I do have a few brutal new wave recommendations that I'd like to share:

-[B]Bloody Brotherhood[/B]. 1989.
Directed by Wang Lung Wei and starring Andy lau & Chan Wai Man.
I havent seen this one in a while but I remember guns and machete attacks galore, with the added appeal of Chan Wai Man.

-[B]A Punch To Revenge[/B]. 1989.
Starring Yukari Oshima and Eddie Ko. This is a real squalid and tough movie. Yukari is a social worker looking after Eddie Ko who has gotten himself mixed up with some gangsters. Features death by circular saw and people being burnt alive...oh, and Yukari is excellent as always.

-[B]Killer Angels[/B]. 1989
Directed by Tony Liu Jun Guk
Starring Moon Lee, Beardy as the boss and Gordon Liu as a hitman with a heart. Plenty of rough stuff in this one and Moon Lee has rarely looked cooler than she does here.

-[B]Princess Madam[/B]. 1989. (Something is telling me '89 was a good year for New Wave!)
Directed by Godfrey Ho but don't let that put you off!
Guns, guns, guns - with Moon Lee and the wonderful Yeung Pan Pan as cops, another warped role for Michiko Nishiwaki - plus Yueh Hua as a powerful, crooked businessman. Yeung Pan Pan's foster father is in league with Yueh Hua which causes all sorts of complications forcing Pan Pan to step outside the law. Add to that, Michiko playing sick sex games with Moon Lee's husband and you just know you're gonna see some femme vs femme action.

This last one is not exactly new wave but it is definitely a gunplay flick and is directed by Tsui Hark. I see this film as one of the foundations of new wave in it's style and level of violence.

[B]-Dont Play With Fire[/B]. 1980.
With Lo Lieh and Lin Chen Chi.
4 students run amok in the town as an act of rebellion to the government. They unwittingly steal some goods belonging to some American hitmen/agents which leads to an extremely bloody and unhappy climax which just has to be seen!. A very grim movie, full of despair and nihilism.
Forget the cut down english dub versions. The FLK print is the way forward.

pollypolly

Postby pollypolly » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:38 pm

Excellent! I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as I did Rare!. Moon Lee looked great in this...

pollypolly

Postby pollypolly » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:42 pm

Thanks man! But yes, 'Don't Play With Fire' is on a whole different level of intensity, trust me my friend, you won't be disappointed!

Return to “Heroic Gunshed Discussion”