Movies4Men2

For all the fans into Spaghetti Westerns, Itallian Crime, Black Exploitation and Horror
pollypolly

Movies4Men2

Postby pollypolly » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:11 pm

Just a heads up for those that have cable in the UK. I was visiting some family last weekend and stumbled across a channel called 'Movies4Men2' (or something very similar). They played the Henry Yu Wong basher 'Awaken Punch' (under an alt title) and also some classic Westerns, namely 'Django' and a superb wide print of 'Chuck Moll'. Could be one to keep an eye out for?..

Kwai Chang

Postby Kwai Chang » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:17 pm

The channel does screen some interesting material but also a fair amount of dross. However, on a positive note a lot of their schedule is made up of reasonably rare films (can't be bought at HMV etc). The other week they screened 'The Fighting Fists Of Shanghai Joe' which is a personal favourite of mine. If I didn't already own the German DVD I would have definitely recorded it.

pollypolly

Postby pollypolly » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:24 pm

Yes. that's it! 'Village of Fire' was 'Awaken Punch'. The print was still pretty murky unfortunately. I don't have cable myself but my dad called 2 wks back and said [I]"They're playing kung fu on cable, but it's all the old stuff that you like!". [/I]I did check and like Kwai Chang says there is some utter tosh on there but the odd gem too it seems...

Kwai Chang

Postby Kwai Chang » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:24 pm

I noticed a trailer for a 'Kung Fu Night'. 'Tiger Street' and 'Fist Of Justice' (a UK Martial Arts film) are truly awful!

chopsocky

Postby chopsocky » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:24 am

The big Gundown with Lee Van Cleef was on the other night, top spag stuff, see were kill bill ripped the music from.

Return to “Spaghetti Western and Black Exploitation”