Golden Girl/ Karate Girl.

For all the fans into Spaghetti Westerns, Itallian Crime, Black Exploitation and Horror
chopsocky

Golden Girl/ Karate Girl.

Postby chopsocky » Mon May 14, 2007 10:44 am

Top turkish revenge flick. I would definately advise this flick to genre fans. Plays out alot like Thriller aka they call her one eye. Girl Learns Karate and how to handle a gun in order to take revenge on the people who molested her and killer her father.
Plus she's a mute (Ms.45 anyone) but is shocked into regaining her speech.

Has anyone else seen this flick or have any other turkish revenge flicks with Basher elements to recomend.

chopsocky

Postby chopsocky » Mon May 14, 2007 9:36 pm

The film was made in 1974 i beleive, Modern day setting and the gun action is what you can expect of the time it was released.
As it was released during the early days of the kung fu craze the karate action isn't what i would consider top notch but still, you can see the use of real karate moves and overall the action is definately entertianing.

pollypolly

Karate Girl

Postby pollypolly » Tue May 15, 2007 9:08 pm

I've got this on VHS and I quite like it to be honest. 'Karateci Kiz' was the original title and starred Filiz Akin as 'Zeynep' the mute. She never really used to take on roles like this so it was nice to see her in something a little tougher for a change.
There are tons of great Turkish exploitation films out there Chop and I'm really glad you've taken time out to check this my man, it's definitely a lot of trashy fun. I would have thought that the language barrier would put a lot of people off but Turkish films are always very easy to follow and nearly always have a revenge element to them.

chopsocky

Postby chopsocky » Tue May 15, 2007 9:13 pm

i got this one dubbed mate, but the language barrier hasn't put me off these flicks at all, After getting the mondo macabro turkish double bill i've been buying branching out into the turkish area, i have a few Cuneyt Arkin flicks and of course turkish star wars.

pollypolly

Postby pollypolly » Tue May 15, 2007 9:19 pm

That's really good to hear mate. Some of those Turkish flicks can be downright mean spirited and nasty too!. My scanner is busted at the moment otherwise I'd would have run off a few cover scans for you my friend.

By the way, on eBay at the moment with a day left is 'Ayri Dunyalar' (roughly transalted 'Separate Worlds') starring Cuneyt Arkin & the unbelievably gorgeous Gulsen Bubikoglu. If you have some cash to spare I'd recommend trying to bid on that one. It's a really great film, I have that same Greek release myself and trust me it doesnt show up often at all!. ;)

chopsocky

Postby chopsocky » Thu May 17, 2007 5:19 pm

i couldnt get on to the forum yesterday so i missed this one, but still its a movie i've been meaning to get anyway and i have a friend who has it so i'll be getting this one soon.

Return to “Spaghetti Western and Black Exploitation”