Last Battle of Yang Chao - Cut?

Tell us the movies that you know are cut and Flashlegsrare will recover where possible.
Goldenswallow

Last Battle of Yang Chao - Cut?

Postby Goldenswallow » Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:43 am

I watched this last night and thought it was a half decent historical / Ching invasion style swordplay flick. Kind of in a similar vein to Heroes in the Ming Dynasty, all though not quite as good. Strangely this suffers from the same problems as HITMD in as much as Carter Wong does bugger all - you see him training up with some half decent shapes but he never really uses em on any one. Polly Kwan's in this one too and she's pretty good with a more japanese style of swordfighting but I digress - the reason I'm writing this is because I'm wondering if it's been heavily cut... Now I was watching the cheapo Ground Zero/Wu Tang version (Called Iron Phoenix) so it would serve me right if it was, but there was a few occasions when it looked like a fight was about to break out then it suddenly skipped to to the aftermath.

On one occassion the Chings were about to storm the town and the general was preparing himself for battle - next scene there's dead soldiers everywhere and he's being taken tied up to the Ching General to be questioned.

Later on Polly is being followed by the Chings and she spots em and thinks of a plan to kill em all - you see her walking up to them but the next scene shows her arriving at home with a bloodied Ching who's obviously survived the attack sneaking behind her finding out where she lives.

This sort of thing happens a few more times but I can't remember the details now.

Has any one seen a different version of this film and does it have the same cuts? I suppose it could just be how the film was made to save money on the battle scenes but it sees unlikely. If it has been cut I would really like to see the proper version - it could have been a good film.

Goldenswallow

Postby Goldenswallow » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:17 am

Cheers Rare, I dunno off hand though. I can remember the box said the run time is 93mins but who knows how accurate that is. I'll have a look tonight if I get time and get back to you.
:)

Aka Tek

Postby Aka Tek » Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:45 pm

Ive also got the GZ version although I havent yet watched it. It has gotten some pretty good reviews though.

Goldenswallow

Moved

Postby Goldenswallow » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:31 pm

Moved

Return to “Cut Movies Awareness”