Are Korean 'Shapes' are they meant to be set in China?

Discuss the greatest Korean Movies Available
Silver & Gold Dragon

Postby Silver & Gold Dragon » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:39 pm

[Size=2]Are Korean 'Shapes' are they meant to be set in China? [/Size]
[Size=2][/Size]

Silver & Gold Dragon

Postby Silver & Gold Dragon » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:34 pm

[Size=2]'Shapes' could have started in Shanghai but that not my point lol mean are the 'Shapes' made by Koreans with Koreans meant to be set in China it always looks like Kung Fu with maybe a bit more uses of kick cos of the their Taekkyon, Taekwondo ect history[/Size]

Silver & Gold Dragon

Postby Silver & Gold Dragon » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:48 am

[Quote=rarebastard]it would seem so as they made films like canton viper and shandong water seller[/Quote]
[Size=2]They made tons Korean 'Shapes' like the stuff with Casanova Wong, Dragon Lee, Eagle Han ect films like REVENGE OF THE DRUNKEN MASTER, SHAOLIN DRUNK MONK, 7 STAR GRAND MANTIS, RIVALS OF THE SILVER FOX, LEOPARD FIST NINJA ect but thats not my point I wanted to know if they where meant to be set in China or Korea...
IMO I think the answers is like are both meant to be in Korea & China depending on the film...some look like they are certainly set in Korea & some look like China & some look somewhere in-between. [/Size][Size=2][/Size]

lauslee

Postby lauslee » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:43 am

You see this is pretty interesting question, I think that some of these flicks are meant to be set in China, since they are mostly talking about Kung Fu which is chinese martial art and they are dressed like Chinese. Once Godfrey Ho mentioned in interview that Korean directors wanted to show only martial arts in their movies, public though that is Kung Fu, they didn't care how Chinese emperor (for example) is dressed, they just wanted to see fighting. So if you are asking me I would say that some of them are meant to be set in China but in general most of them didn't care really, they just wanted to get quick cash.

Return to “The Best of Korean Movies”