Website with very rare Korean VHS tapes

Discuss the greatest Korean Movies Available
pollypolly

Postby pollypolly » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:02 pm

I\'m going to stop browsing that site cos it\'s making me feel sick! They\'ve even got an original Blue Butterfly (the Korean flick) and I would place that in my top 5 Korean films. I\'d love that tape...shame there isn\'t an easy way to could get hold of them.

Monkeygift

Postby Monkeygift » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:09 am

Blue Butterfly: 90$

Would you really buy it for that price?

Monkeygift

Website with very rare Korean VHS tapes

Postby Monkeygift » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:32 am

[Quote=Yongpal]Hi Pete

I know this site but foreigners can\'t order because you need to have Korean ID card.These are (Hong Kong or Taiwan) movies of Mandarin or Cantonese version and aren\'t Korean movies (Korean version).

And these have a high possibility of the pirated edition and commercials are inserted suddenly and moreover it is inserted intentionally.

BTW The red icon means \"í??ì ?=sold out\". Regards[/Quote]

Yeah, pretty much what I was saying a few posts before.
But I have to disagree with Yongpal on the films being pirated
versions etc... It\'s true that a few tapes have a commercial
located strategically in the very middle of the film but that
commercial is usually an \"anti-piracy\" thing OR a Goldstar (LG) tv ad since Goldstar was releasing many of those tapes. Also, that same commercial doesn\'t cut any of the film length as the
movie will pick up where it left.

Maybe Yongpal has been unlucky with Korean tapes in the past? I don\'t know... But having bought a good number of Korean VHS from stores in Seoul or from websites I can tell you that I never encounter such a thing so far.

Btw, Yongpal is also half right about those movies \"not\" being Korean versions. I mean yes they are Hong Kong, Taiwam etc. movies but a small amount of them are actually KOREAN CUTS with alternate footage or soundtrack, INVINCIBLE ARMOUR is one of them. I know because I bought it from a site last year.

here:

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/2moe90h.jpg[/IMG]

Monkeygift

RARE KOREAN tapes site/blog

Postby Monkeygift » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:45 am

For some time I\'ve been actually thinking about putting up a site/blog on old Korean TAPES. The site would be exclusively for selling those rare VHS.

But the only thing that is holding me back is the lack of interest in those treasures, what I mean is considering their high price/value virtually no Kung Fu fan is willing to invest in them. The only purpose would remain a nice list along with VHS cover that people would just WOW at...

Because of course I can get get pretty much everything that is on that site (www.cine114.net) and MORE, but I think the kung fu fans community is just not there yet as to pay for tapes (as most of them are 50$ to 500$). We are still at the DVD-R copies era.

If you guys would consider it to be a great idea to be able to buy those rare tapes let us know on this tread. I could possibly reconsider the idea of putting up a site with all tapes that are available for sale along with prices.

pollypolly

Postby pollypolly » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:47 pm

Many thanks Monkeygift, Pete & Yongpal for your input an info.

Return to “The Best of Korean Movies”