FLK Latest Korean Movies In Our Database!!

Discuss the greatest Korean Movies Available
lauslee

Re:

Postby lauslee » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:55 pm

Good stuff Pete, those projects seems to be really great as always, love Korean gangster flicks I still think that Koreans were pretty good in gangster movies!

[Quote=null]A Jack Lam Korean Movie now in our database.... The Fearless One[/Quote]

I have always thought that Jack Lam was hidden potential. He made so less movies and only hardcore fans of the Kung Fu movies have actually heard of him, but I think that he was pretty badass in movies like [i]Ninja Terminator[/i] and [i]Secret Ninja, Roaring Tiger[/i], too bad that he didn\'t get the chance to act in higher budget flicks.

[Quote=null]This one is more on the lines of Ghost Horror Korean Style.... Yo Kwon Gwoi Kwon[/Quote]

I am not sure if you notice it, but actor Gam Kei-Chun is sort of Korean Lo Lieh since it is really hard to watch Korean flick and to don\'t see his face there! Not only master in martial art flick, Gam Kei-Chu starred in whole bunch of Horrors, Dramas,Kaiju and many other kind genres! I think that he is truly underrated actor and that Koreans should remember him better!

Monkeygift

Postby Monkeygift » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:53 am

Good films!

Yo Kwon Gwoi Kwon is a traditional Korean Ghost movie. The \"only\" action scenes are pretty much near the end of the film (like the clip uploaded by Yongpal on Youtube). But if you like horror films with a strong sense of thriller this one\'s for you.

Monkeygift

Postby Monkeygift » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:58 am

btw, actor *Kim Ki-ju stopped acting and is now a pastor in South Korea.

*The guy with the mustache that plays the bad guy in so many South Korean films.

lauslee

Re:

Postby lauslee » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:12 am

[Quote=Monkeygift]btw, actor *Kim Ki-ju stopped acting and is now a pastor in South Korea.

*The guy with the mustache that plays the bad guy in so many South Korean films.[/Quote]

From what I know monkeygift, actor Kim Ki-Ju suddenly passed away in 2001. But anyway I think that misunderstanding was made since another great Korean actor James Nam in the \'80s became pastor, today he runs business in USA and from what I know he stil sings and draws.

Monkeygift

Postby Monkeygift » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:23 am

Yeah you may be right Lauslee, I\'ll have to double check when I\'ll have my computer in front of me (not a damn Ipad 2). lol

Btw, here\'s the original poster which I was lucky enough to find last month and bought it.

[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/ta6dld.jpg[/IMG]

Monkeygift

Postby Monkeygift » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:36 am

Ok sorry, it\'s not Kim Ki-Ju but Lim Dong-jin. ì??ë?ì§? who actually played in Aema Buin, the first Korean Erotic film.

http://www.unknownkino.blogspot.com/2010/01/aema-buin-aema-buin-certainly-achieved.html

Monkeygift

Postby Monkeygift » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:28 am

Mist Whispers Like Woman is more of a thriller but an excellent film.

During the late 70\'s up to the early 80\'s many poster/Korean VHS cover are a bit misleading as they look like erotic productions but they are in fact Dramas (for most of them).

Return to “The Best of Korean Movies”