north korean

Discuss the greatest Korean Movies Available
Monkeygift

Postby Monkeygift » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:53 pm

I'm pretty sure they did. think they did over 500 movies over those years. However, how many of them were kung fu/action ???

There is Hong Kil Dong that is a matial arts/sword movie. It's based on a fictional Korean hero a bit like Robin hood.

Monkeygift

Postby Monkeygift » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:35 pm

Maybe its going to open up in the near future, wiith Uncle Kim!'s death?

I''ve watched Order 027, what a nice communist piece of action and propaganda.

pollypolly

Postby pollypolly » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:44 pm

There's a traditional N. Korean flick from 2006 called 'Pyongyang Nalpharam' which has a typical Koreans vs the Japanese plot. I believe there's a DVD release with English subs.

Athena

north korean

Postby Athena » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:43 am

You can now buy a small #'er of approved DPRK made movies through the goverment or via the Korean Friendship association if you get approved as a member. ( Takes about 4-6 months). I were there for 17 days in September & bougth a few movies. No pure MA movie but some " romance" ( sacifice love for the greater good of humanity type stories) & a few millitary propaganda movies ( the virtues of North Korean education systems & the glory of a military carreer type stories.)

You can legaly bring them out of the country with 2 approved forms or you can order them through the Korean Friendship Association.

This change was a small part of their reasently lanched new policy on attracting & approving "selective tourism" ( meaning in reality : "Non troublesom" Westeners & their $$.)

The part of the country I were allowed to see was very clean & beautiful. I even got to visit a Wild Life Rescue Santuary in the moiuntans per request of my assigned personal guide. This supriced me but on the other hand one can not go anywere at anytime without a guide. There is high tech CCTV everywere, incuding in your hotell room.

Monkeygift

Postby Monkeygift » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:02 am

That "Friendship Association" site along with ANY North Korean sites are all blocked from here (South Korea) :(

karatemoviecom

Postby karatemoviecom » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:17 am

www.north-korea-books.com, based in canada, ships books & DVDs worldwide!

Return to “The Best of Korean Movies”