One Of The Best Double Bill Ever Made!!!

Recomended films and latest titles from Flashlegsrare
pollypolly

One Of The Best Double Bill Ever Made!!!

Postby pollypolly » Thu May 10, 2012 7:35 pm

[Quote=fist] i know that i'm johnny come lately on this thread but ... anyway how can anyone be a fan of martial arts movies and dislike John Liu?[/Quote]

Quick! Quick! Where's the Kung Fu Police? You must lock me up immediately for this heinous crime and revoke my rights to watch Kung Fu films from this day onwards!

My comment from 2009 still stands - John Liu is wooden and I do not think he has any charisma on screen.

Right, I'm off now to watch Wolf Devil Woman...

samtheseed

One Of The Best Double Bills Ever Made!!!

Postby samtheseed » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:14 am

Secret Rivals 1 & 2. Closely followed by:
Once Upon A Time In China.
IP Man.
Red Cliff.
White Lotus Cult/Sam The Iron Bridge.
The 36th Chamber Of Shaolin/Return To The 36th Chamber Of Shaolin.

samtheseed

Dragon Fighter/Struggle Through Death

Postby samtheseed » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:35 am

The heroes just get beat through the first hour of the movie, then they get beat off and on for the next half hour. It starts off as an old useless flail fest. But actually, the martial arts is fairly decent. I was very surprise to see the villains fast and a little crisp considering. Of course you know when Johnny gets going the movie will pick up. And it did, considerably. But that doesn't take away the fact that Liu gets beat to oblivion first, along with the rest of the good guy cast. Bad guys wearing capes again in this one, seemed to be the trend at the time. Overall, it's a very decent kung fu movie. "if you got nothing better to do" Watch it because of the sheer enjoyment of a decent kung fu film.

Return to “FLK Recomendations”