Did The Japanese Film Industry Loose It in the 90's?

All japanese martial arts movie talk goes here.
Fabhui

Postby Fabhui » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:10 am

I have to admit I like these for what they are but they pale into comparisson when compared to movies of the 60's and 70's.

loempiavreter

Postby loempiavreter » Fri May 07, 2010 4:43 pm

I must say I really like those low budget Yoshihiro Nishimura vfx flicks.

Tokyo Gore Police, The Machine Girl, Frankenstein Girl vs Vampire Girl, Hard Revenge Milly, Meatball Machine. And I'm looking forward to the upcoming Mutant Girl Squad, Alien vs Ninja, Robo Geisha.
There are tons of those coming out now.

And I think they are great. It's not "great" cinema by any means, but it still has some "fun" factor. The amputee girl who has her limbs replaced by Katana's (or Machineguns in another scene) in Tokyo Gore Police. Simply genius character design imo.

It's a far cry from the classic Jidaigenki and Chambara (and maybe even Pinky Violence titles) days. But I don't compare the mtoo that, I compare it more like modern day Exploitation Cinema (of the splatter type).

If you liked Jipangu ;) you should try The Sword of Alexander :P

kungfumoviecinema

Re:Did The Japanese Film Industry Loose It in the 90's?

Postby kungfumoviecinema » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:27 pm

Dam i love zipang pete lol i think you should give it a proper watch it might seem different the second time around if you give it a chance.

Lee

[Quote=Pete Jr] I watched this crazy movie for 10/15 minutes and had to turn it OFF!!!......I think the Japanese film industry went a bit MAD & OFF KEY in the 90's.....With this CRAP!!
ZIPANG
[upload]858[/upload]

[upload]859[/upload]

[upload]860[/upload]

[youtube]QFCv4QEiX_c[/youtube]

VERSES was another CRAZY MOVIE THAT got me totally p.......d off with modern day Japanese HORROR & SENSELESS GORE!!.....OR IS IT JUST ME???

[upload]864[/upload]

[upload]861[/upload]

[upload]862[/upload]

[upload]863[/upload]

[url link=http://www.iidrama.com/Japanese_movie/Versus-2266-1.html]Verses[/url]

I love the old Japanese classics but the Japanese directors of today....damn....they have lost it IMO!!!

Any comments....

[/Quote]

Return to “Japanese Martial Arts”