Henry Sanada Thread!!!

All japanese martial arts movie talk goes here.
pollypolly

Postby pollypolly » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:44 am

He's also in Roaring Fire with Chiba which isn't great but is pretty entertaining. I agree with Eagles Claw on this - Royal Warriors/In The Line of Duty/Police Assassins, is superb and the first time I really noticed him.

dassenach

Hello

Postby dassenach » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:25 am

Just logged on to chime in - possibly one of the best onscreen fighters, but it seems he has moved on to other things:

- Played Hamlet onstage, and then as the Fool in King (a Royal Shakespeare Company production in London)

- Won numerous awards as best actor for for The Twilight Samurai in 2002 - one of the best and most realistic samurai movies of all time

- As you can see, has starred in The Last Samurai with Tom Cruise Lear

- Was in the original Japanese Ring movie "Ringu", Lost (the final season as Dogen), Sunshine, Rush Hour 3, Speed Racer, The White Countess, and The City of Your Final Destination)

I believe he goes by his real name now - Hiroyuki Sanada.
|:o

kungfumoviecinema

Postby kungfumoviecinema » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:15 pm

one of the greatest screen fighters of all time?henry was as good as anyone and he had without doubt one of the most beautiful spinning hook kicks ive ever seen and that was delivered against conan lee in ninja in the dragons den up in the pagoda.
Henry to me easily in the top 10 and vastly underated.

Lee

Return to “Japanese Martial Arts”