Judo For Life

All japanese martial arts movie talk goes here.
Kwai Chang

Judo For Life

Postby Kwai Chang » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:57 pm

I'm looking for a copy of this Toei production from the 1960s. It stars Hideo Murata. If anybody knows where I can purchase a copy online that would be great.

Kwai Chang

Postby Kwai Chang » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:30 pm

I saw the trailer the other day. Sonny Chiba definitely appears in the film. I'm beginning to think that 'Judo For Life' is an aka for Saeki Kiyoshi’s 'Judo Ichidai' ('The Judo Generation') which stars Murata Hideo and was released in 1963. That seems to make sense, although it doesn't make it any easier to locate.

Sonny Chiba appeared in two Toei produced Judo movies. These being 'Judo Ichidai' and Saeki Kiyoshi’s 'Judo Ichidai Kodokan-no Oni' ('The Judo Generation: Demon Of The Kodokan'). The latter was made in 1964, with Chiba playing the lead.

Interestingly, he also had the star role in a TV series from 1965 entitled 'Kurayami Go-Dan' ('5th Level Darkness' aka 'Blind Black Belt'). He played a Judo Champion who is blinded in a house fire started by a rival school. As with the 'Judo Ichokkusen' series, it was based on a manga story.

If anybody has copies of these then please let me know.

jocky

Postby jocky » Mon May 04, 2009 3:21 pm

judo for life is not that rare had my copy long time but as it is rare picture is,nt superb

Return to “Japanese Martial Arts”