A question to Pete Jr

Discuss specific martial art systems and other styles that you enjoy to see or practice yourself.
El_Matador

A question to Pete Jr

Postby El_Matador » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:45 am

Peace and respect brother

I already know how far you went with your martial arts skills. I have a question to you. I practice taekwondo, which is pretty hard but I am not sure if I like it. I've been attacked today by a knifeman.
His attacks weren't really complex, he just tried to stab me. He was drunk a little bit and pretty small (I'm 6ft6 lol) so I just used a spinning hook kick on his face.
It made me think of things so the question is: if I face a knifeman who's swinging a knife wildly, what should I do? Any tips?
I've never practiced any systems of defense against the knifeman so I was scared to death lol

peringaten

Postby peringaten » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:56 am

A lot of martial knife defences seem like caca do to me. Too many variables in actuality.

Here's a reasonably interesting video:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdJAgfO2GQc[/url]

El_Matador

Postby El_Matador » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:59 pm

@Pete Jr

Hmm that's all interesting what you said. Have you ever tried to train the nunchaku fighting system?

Speaking on the heart, I've never encountered a knifeman. I mean, I know dudes who use knife (I grew up in Brixton) but yesterday was the first time when somebody tried to use it against me. It might put a paralyzing fear inside the heart and mind but hey, there is first time for everything. And I survived it! :D But let's hope it was the first and the last time. Hope ain't a sin tho'.

I've been scrolling through those yt videos. These dudes have no idea about real knife attackers.
Some of those tips are useless and some of them might be useful for a basic knife attack when a knifeman doesn't know anything about the knife fighting techniques and simply desires to stab you.

It sounds wack but I guess this is the best thing to do - when you encounter a skilled knifeman and you don't have a nunchaku or any other weapon (or simply you don't know how to use it) it's the best to run, isn't it?

peringaten

Postby peringaten » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:20 pm

Animal predators are ferocious, but when they're in trouble they'll frackin' haul ass. The advantage is they don't let ego get in the way of personal safety. If I didn't have to fight for whatever reason & the opponent had a definite upper hand, I'd fracking haul ass. Wouldn't see me for dust. No shame whatsoever, I practice being one speedy mofo in every capacity; running's a favourite one.

Hey El_Matador, what happened after your kick?

El_Matador

Re:Re:

Postby El_Matador » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:47 pm

[Quote=Pete Jr] [Quote=Pete Jr]Speaking on the heart, I've never encountered a knifeman. I mean, I know dudes who use knife (I grew up in Brixton) but yesterday was the first time when somebody tried to use it against me. It might put a paralyzing fear inside the heart and mind but hey, there is first time for everything. And I survived it! :D But let's hope it was the first and the last time. Hope ain't a sin tho'.[/Quote]

Well in my opinion you did very well.........and in saying this you had to have heart to be able to have dealt with the situation as you did.......Like I said perhaps the training you had was a form of assistance in terms of you acting instinctively to the attack and executing a kick that made things right.

Being nervous and slightly frightened is normal if you are human and not a psychopath lol......But once it all kicks off........one is far better off defending oneself....only because most human predators feed off fear and will instinctively comeback to cause more havoc in your life ESPECIALLY IN BRIXTON.....its your first encounter with a knife attack.....however you are more experienced in regards to the reality of an attack with a knife....Experience is a virtue my friend and a valuable source of knowledge.

I also grew up in South London around the Brixton area.....however I had one serious family reputation behind me and trouble never really came my way to a great extent.......My cousin Vince who ran Rat securities (Ran the Brixton Front-line) He was tight with my father and although my father was a professional man in the Financial Services sector he also ran a security company in Brixton for several years.....to actually run a security company in Brixton YOU SIMPLY HAD TO HAVE SOME SORT OF CLOUT BACK IN THE DAYS!!!

I went to school in Wandsworth and my surname "ATKINS" carried weight even in the play ground.

My father always carried his Iron piped self made Nunchaku's in the boot of his car in Brixton only because Brixton was a dangerous place period.....Before we left the UK muggings was on the increase.......in that area especially.....and if you were an unknown BIG TROUBLE......Luckily we were known as a family that was not prepared to be harassed or bullied........I remember Brixton Water Lane was notorious for gangs demanding PROTECTION MONEY FROM Shops...........and let me make it clear my family were NOT TROUBLE MAKERS but in saying this they weren't prepared to be bullied by THUGS.......WE NEVER EVER GOT A visit from these THUGS FOR PROTECTION MONEY EVER.....and I assure it was REALLY BAD AT ONE TIME ON THAT STREET.

If fact at one time OUR SHOP WAS ROBBED by unsuspecting thugs who were NOT AWARE OF MY FAMILY name and THE MAIN GANG LEADER called my father the same day and Asked to return the STOLEN GOODS FROM OUR shop having found out who my family was.....

My father left the UK for these reasons he DID NOT WANT MYSELF and my brothers to be caught in this RAT RACE.......I mention all this because when you mentioned you were from BRIXTON.......I knew exactly what you are up against.

Strangely enough my father is Originally from Jamaica and NEARLY ALL MY FAMILY THERE ARE COPS......But no ordinary COPS....they were the sort of COPS that were FEARED BY the hardened CRIMINALS IN Jamaica....One of my uncles was a cop for over 40 years and his words were AS A COP THE CRIMINALS NEW HIM BY HIS SERIOUS APPROACH IN HIS JOB.[/Quote]

So your father has built a strong name for your family.
Father of my big homie told me once about some (I quote him) "jamaican bruva who specialized in china men fighting style", maybe he spoke on your father? I just watched your videos on youtube, I wish I could learn the martial arts from you and your father. Too bad you guys are in Dubai now but it's understandable why did your father wanted to move out of there.

[Quote=Pete Jr]

Spot on my friend......it don't make sense loosing your life for nothing a knife is ONE OF THE MOST DEADLIEST WEAPONS in the world and in the hand of an assassin RUN!!!...if you dont have a similar weapon at hand.;)...Don't watch these foolish videos and become a SCAPEGOAT To death....having said this its always good to have some awareness TRAINING AGAINST KNIVES.....BUT KEEP IT REAL AS POSSIBLE BRO!!!|:o|:o|:o[/Quote]

No doubt. If I want to ask for some tips, can I ask you bro?

El_Matador

Re:

Postby El_Matador » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:35 pm

[Quote=Pete Jr]

Brixton was like a battlefield at one time.....I always hoped if would change...but by the sounds of things from family......MUCH hasn't ;*O....Before we left there was almost like a guaranteed shooting every other day there and ONLY THE TOUGH survived....I hear the gangs situation has got MUCH WORST NOW!!....My father was the kind of person who would try to HELP THE GANG YOUTHS TO GET THEM OFF THE STREETS AND DO something useful with their lives and he tried to create EMPLOYMENT For many of them via his SECURITY COMPANY in Brixton many years ago.......It was a well disciplined organisation and HIGHLY RESPECTED BY THE LOCAL POLICE!!! [/Quote]

I actually never been harmed in Brixton. I might consider myself a lucky guy. I know a lot of people but I'm never considered when they go all out against other people. It's good to keep the distance and avoid unnecessary troubles.

[Quote=Pete Jr]ROLLING WITH THE NINE (I always felt this movie was taken from the Brixton situation)
[youtube]zd-c4CE1ins[/youtube]

THE REAL STREETS
[youtube]JqhLMwR42Uo[/youtube]

After seeing KIDULTHOOD & ADULTHOOD lol ( I felt it was pointless coming home)

[youtube]0k8naOsMHNM[/youtube][/Quote]

I've heard about KIDULTHOOD & ADULTHOOD bust I still have to watch it yet. There is also a classic The Clash' single about Brixton

[url]http://www.dailymotion.pl/video/x4fy06_teledyski-the-clash-guns-of-brixton_music[/url]

[Quote=Pete Jr]My father taught 100's of people in the Brixton and Stockwell area for years and he was VERY WELL KNOWN!!!...He was the only Chinese Martial Arts teacher in Brixton I knew of while we were there.[/Quote]

A dude who teaches me taekwondo lives in Brixton but idk for how long, I haven't seen him here before.

[Quote=Pete Jr]You are most welcome my friend....anytime I can assist....WE WILL START A training CHAMBER ON our website soon

[url link=http://www.fai-gurkungfu.com]Fai-Gur Kung Fu[/url]

with EXCLUSIVE LESSONS For register members ONLY On-LINE!!!...I will bear you in mind....it will be an INVITATION ONLY section on the website.[/Quote]

It will be an honor to get some tips and lessons (online lessons, I wish I could live in Dubai) from you. Respect brotherV:)

By the way, that knifeman who tried to stab me actually had a kitchen knife (!)
Maybe I am wrong but is there any thug on earth that actually enjoys rolling with a kitchen knife under the jacket? LOL

Deadly Ninja

Postby Deadly Ninja » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:16 pm

The UK sounds violent. Are you guys for real in what you say?

pollypolly

Re:

Postby pollypolly » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:24 pm

[Quote=Deadly Ninja]The UK sounds violent. Are you guys for real in what you say?[/Quote]

I think it depends on whereabouts in the UK you live, although I find that people in England are generally more aggressive and have a lot more attitude than in other countries. (I've heard the term "island monkeys" before in reference to the English)
I was born in and grew up in South East London (Lewisham, Deptford & Greenwich) and to be honest, I never really felt safe after midnight. I'm another one who has since moved abroad and I think I've only seen one fight since 2008, as opposed to one every other weekend that I would see in the UK. It's sad really. UK is a still a great country and it's where my heart is but I don't think I could ever bring my kids up there, certainly not in London anyway.

El_Matador

Postby El_Matador » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:55 pm

Hey Pete, do you have any videos of defense against a knee attack?

peringaten

Re:Re:

Postby peringaten » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:54 am

[Quote=rdenn] [Quote=Pete Jr] I hear the gangs situation has got MUCH WORST NOW.[/Quote]

out of control the youth have turned heartless, your better of where you are mate.[/Quote]

Considering the current circumstances; ain't that the truth!!

Return to “Martial Arts Systems”