My Class Session In Dubai!!!

Discuss specific martial art systems and other styles that you enjoy to see or practice yourself.
Silver & Gold Dragon

Postby Silver & Gold Dragon » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:06 am

Interesting stuff very fast kicks as always, I found the balance training particularly interesting.
What's the name of that kick at 5:35? I don't think I've seen it before. Crescent kicks are probably the closet thing I've seen to it.
How long have you being teaching Pete?

k-fist

Postby k-fist » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:34 pm

The defence your pupils showed in the video came from Tan Lang ( Praying Mantis kung fu ) am i right.

Awesome kicks ... much respect .... fast but strong.

Silver & Gold Dragon

Re:

Postby Silver & Gold Dragon » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:01 pm

Pete looking though Martial Art books I have managed to find a similar kick in a Korean system called Taekyon.
[upload]1157[/upload]

[upload]1156[/upload]

Silver & Gold Dragon

Re:

Postby Silver & Gold Dragon » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:17 pm

[Quote=Pete Jr] [Quote=Jrcma]Pete looking though Martial Art books I have managed to find a similar kick in a Korean system called Taekyon. [/Quote]

Its impossible for me to determine the kick is the same unless I can see the kick being performed sadly...its definitely not a crescent kick for sure.....this kick in the picture looks like a crescent kick to me...[/Quote]

Yeah sorry I was looking at the foot & not the whole leg went I said that I missed the knee bend.
Unfortunately I've been finding it hard to find footage on this once band system.
Shall we just say they kind of looks similar at this point I mean I know very little about either system both are just something I've not really seen much similar to them before.
I thought I'd try putting posts in this section as its not very often so I thought I'd do some research looking for something similar.

Silver & Gold Dragon

Postby Silver & Gold Dragon » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:16 pm

Are you offended that I thought the two kicks looked slightly similar?

But I certainly didn't say same.
Please think of it from the point of view of someone who's not trained in either system or done either kick might think they look slightly similar.

Deadly Ninja

Postby Deadly Ninja » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:27 pm

The dude/teacher in the video is an awesome kicker. Amazing style and I cant think why I've never heard of it.
Absolute power and spot on timing the way those kicks are unleashed. Having acquired a 2nd dan in karate I can recognize a master kicker when I see one.

peringaten

Postby peringaten » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:00 am

Very inspiring. We don't really have high kicks or stuff like that in hung kuen, but it's all about that speed & snap - love the emphasis on that in the clip. Went & had a play around for an hour or two solely on the kicking within my system after watching your clip earlier this evening. Realised I've been neglecting that aspect somewhat in favour of hand & stancework; although it's always in the mind that those stances often transition into low offensive legwork, I paid a little more attention there this evening. Snapped & sped the higher kicks a lot more. Cheers.

Return to “Martial Arts Systems”