Why? the fuss about the Wing Tsun style

Discuss specific martial art systems and other styles that you enjoy to see or practice yourself.
peringaten

Re:Re:Re:

Postby peringaten » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:21 pm

[Quote=J0shuaKane]but as far as being programmed to do anything in any situation you lack the ability to adapt. you keep "right cross" in your head, and it might seem the right thing to do until the moment comes to do it and something unexpected happens, you and your mind are stuck. train in many ways and your body will react according to its environment all on its own. all situations are different, so i think having a "main plan" is a bad idea.[/Quote]

I agree, that's kind of what I mean though, through drilling a move it eventually becomes instinctive to the point that you don't have to think about it, your body just reacts, the more time you drill the better, right cross is just an example; drill, drill, drill; you can pound, pound, pound with it. Drill & spar everything everywhere for your fallback plan, at practice time, making tea, watching telly, on work breaks, even loo cubicles, everywhere feasible, drill, then it will help; particularly if sparred & sparred as effectively as possible. You need a good complete system & relentless routine to show the way for this sort of stuff to allow instinct, adaptation & alternatives.

Return to “Martial Arts Systems”