Need some help...

Share your opinions on Martial Arts in General. Whether nameless or not.
weier78

Need some help...

Postby weier78 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:56 pm

I am not a fit guy and at 35, I need to lose those handles on the hips, and so I am looking to do something sporty, like football or try a martial arts....recently I received a flyer in the mail about Taekwondo, would that help on my quest, or should I do something else? Is it too late to learn a martial art?

hawk4

Postby hawk4 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:50 pm

There is no age limit on taking martial arts classes. I teach Taekwondo and I have students older than you. Most students lose weight. But you have to work hard. I would check with your doctor to make sure you are in good health. I have one student who started taking because she has a bad heart. She first had to take it easy in class but now she can work out with the rest of them. She also lost 30 pounds and her heart condition is better. I think you should try a class or two just to see if you will like it. Most classes are free for the first time or two. I hope this helps you.

weier78

Postby weier78 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:02 am

my doctor said I was good considering the barrel I have on the front, lol. She was impressed that i was still able to touch my toes. So will be looking for somewhere to learn next. Thanks hawk4.

Return to “General Martial Arts”