I Made A Complilation DVD For The (Dubai UAE) Karate Federation

Share your opinions on Martial Arts in General. Whether nameless or not.
hawk4

I see a difference in Dubia taekwondo and what we teach here in the US

Postby hawk4 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:13 am

The difference in styals I see in Takwondo here in the US is we don't hit below the belt and we do not do leg sweeps. Or take down in a tournament. Legs sweeps or a take down are taught but not to be use except for protection in real life. I enjoyed watching your post. Well done. I wouldn't mind entering a competion where you live. I do have a quetion for you do black belts fight other black belts?
being a 5th degree black belt I think it would be wise to do so. Another question if you do not mind. Do females fight females only or do they fight males as well? Here in the US we only fight the same sex that we are. I am female so I only in competion can fight other females. But in class everyone fights everyone. We call it sparring here. I notice some of the pictures on your vidos were forms or katas. We do that to at competions.

hawk4

Postby hawk4 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:19 am

I am in aha of you style. You have great kicks and punches. They are both really fast. I would love to learn this kind of martial arts. I only know two styles takwondo and pasa ryu. It is aslo a Korean form of martial arts. I can test for my 4th degree black belt in Pasa Ryu next month but I have to wait 5 years to test for my next belt in takwondo. When I got my 5th degree in takwondo I had to spare with 8 higher ranks at one time. It was tought to try and get a kick in or even a punch, most of the time I was busy blocking kicks and punches. I was wore out by the time it was up. Then I had to do all the katas or form in takwondo. Which took over a hour to do. Then I had to breck boards. You only have 3 tries to do it and all your boards have to break. I had to break with my hands and my feet. Plus I had to come up with a break that I invited. I choose a double khife hand to break 4 inch of boards. The break is at the same time. I did it. But I almost didn't because the guys who hold the boards couldn't get a good grip on so many boards.Plus they have to lock thier elbows. I hurt my left hand but I did it. the holder moved the boards after i set them up and my left hand hit at the wrong angle. I am just glad they broke. I started takwondo when I was 4 years old. My mother was my first instuctor. We too are a family of martial arts. I also wanted to tell you have a nice voice on the viedo. Your father seem like a amazing man to make up a new style of martial arts. You must be so proud of him. I know if I was in your shoes I would be. It looks like he took the best from different styles and made up one style. I think I saw some wing chun in some of the kicks and punches. I know it is a good style to use in close quarters combat. I too love to talk about martial arts. I hope you find that video of your fighting a 2nd Dan in takwondo. I would love to see it. I think you got the best of him. Am I right. You won the match. You have great skills. I love to see more class time with your students. Thank you for ansering my questions.

hawk4

Postby hawk4 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:32 am

Thanks for your kind words.....We concentrate on Speed and accuracy as opposed to rigid moves.
I can see that. It is one of the greatest styles I have seen.

I have seen a few of Tan Tao Liang movies. I really like him a lot. But for some reason his movies are hard to get here. I also like Donnie Yen. I think his martial arts are very good as well as his acting. I didn't know he was also a director. I like to see the sries he was working on. Do you know where I can get it?
That was a good demo of monkey style kung fu. I have seen Mad Monkey Kung Fu. You are right it was a good movie. I like watching different styles of Kung Fu movies. I guess that is why I love the Venoms because each had a different style. Even tho 3 of them were oprea trained. I am a old school fan. But I will watch anything that has martial arts in it. My mother was a very good martial artist. But she passed away 4 years ago. She is the one who got me started watching Kung Fu movies. She would record them late on Friday night and we would watch them the next day. Then she started buying movies. She bought movies from everywhere on the net. Plus she had friends that sent her copys and she would send them copys of movies. She stopped doing that because of the copy right laws. But she would send the real movies to her close friends and they would send them back. I still buy movies. s we have over 2000 movies now. I keep them in a room on sheleves. I am 27 years old. I am single and still live in my family's home with my father. I keep house and cook for him plus I have a job that is very demanding. I also teach taekwondo 2 nights a week. I took over my mother job as instuctor. I teach kids and familys who can not afford to pay for classes. I teach at a high school that loans us the building. We have car washes and other things to rasie money for unforms and gear. When my mother was learning she had to pay a lot she seen alot of kids who wanted to take classes but could not afford to take them they were turned away. When she got her black belt she asked her instructor if she could teach people he would turn away. He told her yes. So she and some other black belts from differnent styles started a non profit and started teaching classes. We even would take people to the next state for classes in Pasa Ryu. We would load up 4 or 5 cars and just go 2 times a month on Saturdays. My father didn't much like my mother learning or teaching martial arts. He has never seen me compete in any tornament. He also does not like Kung fu movies. He likes westerns movies only.So I wait till he goes to bed to watch them. I resect my father very much. But martial arts has made me the woman I am now. He knows that martial arts saved my life when I was in collage a man came out of nowhere and grab me and put a knife to my throat. I fought back and took him down and took the knife away from him. I was lucky because a few students came by and called the police. He just didn't want my car he was going to rape me. That is what he told the police when they came. He could have lied about things but I guess getting his butt kicked by a girl made him tell the truth. That was they only time my fayher liked that I knew martial arts. My father got upset when the guy told the court what he planed on doing to me. If looks could kill that guy would be dead today. But my father goes to church and we belive in forgiveness.
you are a true martial artist because you didn't want to show up your friend in a fight that means you have honor and a good friend. You are truly blessed. I am blessed by meeting you here. I hope you find that video and the ones of you teaching class. I loved to see them. I am looking at the movies you have for sale on this site a may buy afew from you. How is shipping Time? I am sorry if i misspelled some words it is pass my bedtime and I am very sleepy so please overlook them. Thank You.

hawk4

Postby hawk4 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:42 am

I bet your father is very good martial artist. He have to be to try and kick knifes out of guys hands. I bet he won a lot of money untill word got around about his skills.

I agree with you about some guys who like to brag about how many movies they have and if they have arare movie and someone eles doesn't. They like to rub it in. I grew up with afew guys like that but they would fight over how many guns they owned or which had more power or which was the best. It must be a guy thing always trying to one up the next guy. I am glad you are not that kind of guy. I hope your wife knows what a great guy she has. Because you seem like a great guy to me. So you have 2 children are they boys or girls or both. When I get married I would like to have a boy and a girl and maybe one more. I love being around kids. I hope I would be a good mother. If I did half as good as my mother then I think I will be.
So you are a IT guy. We could use a good it guy where I work. The guy we have is very slow and he doesn't seem to know the programs like he should. I work for a bank. I am a accountent. I pay all the bills for all the banks we own. Plus I have to do reports. We are going to buy 16 new branches from another bank. That bank is in adifferent state then where I live. They said I might have to go and work at one of them for a few weeks to get thier system up and running. We all will in my department. I am not looking forward to it beause I work enought overtime as it is. And when my computer is down it makes things even harder. That is why we need a better IT guy. The guy we had before this one was great he knew everything about everything. He even gave me a old computer that he fixed up. I have not used it yet but I plan on letting my father use it. He also told me about wyfi connections. I was going to get a satlite system to run my home computer because before we had dial up. It was very slow he talked me out of it because it has a problem of going down and slowing down after use so much a month. So I went to verizon and bought a wifi connection. I was amazed how fast everything is now.
See I told you Tan Toa Liang movies were hard to get here. You would think that if he lives here they would be more to sale here. That was nice of your father to send him his movies. I am sure he was gratefull.
Thank you for telling me where I could buy Donnie Yen series. I will try and get them soon.
Chen Kwan Tai is a good actor he has done a few movies with Ti Lung. Like All Men Are Brothers. Snake in the Monkeys Shadow look like a good movie. From what I saw in the demo.
My mother was the collector I am just adding to it. I bet you have more movies than me. I am not trying to be a guy here just saying the truth. I am sure you own every movie on this site. With many different versions of each one. I know my mother had different versions of many movies. She always tried to get the best she could of a movie. Even if she had a good watchable one she would still try and get the best one. She even has 8 mm movies she bought from a guy who runs a old drive thru movie theater. It still in business today. But has a different owner now. They are from the 70's and 80's. I think the guy was sopose to send them back to the movie company but he didn't. They never said anything to him. But if it happen now I guess they would.
Yes my father is a Chistian and he does forgive people. I don't know if my father has forgiven that guy he just hopes he doesn't get out of jail anytime soon. He said he could forgive the person but not the act he was going to do to me. It took him a long time to tell me that. I just hope if the guy does get out that he will be to old to try and do that to some other girl. He got 20 years but I am sure if he behaves he will get out sooner. I hope I never see him again. If I do and he starts something with me I don't know what I will do because a part of me wants to hurt him bad But another part tells me to do only what I have to do to keep him off me. That was his second strike if he gets another one he will be in jail the rest of his life.
he had just got out of jail when he attached me. He was in Jail for raping a 15 year old girl. Now you know why I said what I did. He will never change. Unless he finds God while in jail. He didn't before so I douht he will this time.
It is hot where I live too but not as hot as where you live. It has rained all day here.
I would love to be your friend. I like talking to you. You are so nice and a true gentelman who loves martial arts as much as I do.
Venomsfreck sound like a nice lady she have to be because she too likes the venoms. lol I hope we can be friend also as well as the other girl you spoke of. We females need to stick together. lol I will try and post more later. It is quite late here. I have to be at work in 6 hours.

samtheseed

Postby samtheseed » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:13 am

Welcome To FLKCinema hawk4...You sound like a true martial arts fan and martial artist. I'm saddened to hear that such creeps still roam the streets, but here in the Shangri-La land of FLK and in the god like hands of Pete Jr and Venomsfreak you're assured of tranquility. When it comes to martial arts this is the only site you'll ever need. What these guy's don't know-isn't worth knowing. You're among fans who welcome everyone with virtual open-arms.

hawk4

Postby hawk4 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:53 am

Thank you for you kind welcome. I am sure that nothing will happen here to me or anyone else. This is a very nice forum. I like it here. I hope to make many friends here. I hope I can count you as one.

samtheseed

Postby samtheseed » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:36 pm

You certainly can...hawk4

SaritaLinda18

Postby SaritaLinda18 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:58 pm

Thanks for your kind words, Pete.

How lucky you are to have a father who has Tan Tao Liang as a friend !!

If only I could be friend with the stars I'm fond of such as David Chiang, Ti Lung, Angela Mao, Shan Kuan Ling Fung, Yueh Hua, Chia Ling and many, many other ones, it would be the 7th Heaven for me !!!

Return to “General Martial Arts”