Finished me gung gee!

Share your opinions on Martial Arts in General. Whether nameless or not.
peringaten

Postby peringaten » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:00 pm

Cheers Pete. Yep, got to keep it up, knowing the movements is but just 1 dimension, so can't stop now...

Also to answer Frank now I know full sequence, nope that butterfly palm step back bit is not in the form as I've been taught..........

peringaten

Postby peringaten » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:46 pm

So, now concentrating on getting the whole 8 Diagram Pole form down, it's a long one & much more to do, connects the body & refines movement when without the pole even & improves just doing the empty handed forms, but wanted to update as began learning some hop gar tibetan white crane as passed to my teacher in China (my Sifu is acting in upcoming Anthony Wong Ip Man film portraying a hop gar practitioner); not sure the lineage, sometimes hard to translate the names exactly, but the style is awesome, can see much crossover with hung gar, but they have some excellent unique training methods of footwork & angling, & their long arm work is designed to hurt with a lot of power! Very nice style; hung gar's seven star method is drawn from there...

samtheseed

Postby samtheseed » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:42 pm

Marvelous progress peringaten.

peringaten

Postby peringaten » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:33 pm

Thanks Sam, I can but try! With folk like LKL & my teacher etc about it's hard not to be inspired. Feel I have something to try and live up to for sure...

peringaten

Postby peringaten » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:51 pm

Not finished 8 diagram, still working on it day in, day out, got to drill everything; that rigorous training in the Lau films & others weren't just movie pretend stuff...
So my Si Fu decided I'm too much "gong", not enough "yau", hard & soft, the 1st two "bridges" of hung kyun, so today decided to start teaching me the Yang style 108 tai chi form to deal with my over-rigidity (what can I say, I'm a shapesman at heart, over-power moves a fraction too long)... he got it from Sin Kwok Lam Sigung who got it from a master in China (not LKL); not sure who yet though, but they're very proud to know proper fighting applications for every move, this ain't old folk down the park variations!
Will help me relax & generate more power with better stucture...
All kung's holistic, this should feed my hung nicely.

peringaten

Postby peringaten » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:48 pm

God, I love when I get to update this thread, means I've achieved something really worthwhile... So, today completed learning set 8 Diagram Pole form... another one in the bag; now I've just got to learn how to understand it properly & then practice it relentlessly...

samtheseed

Postby samtheseed » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:57 pm

Well Done peringaten.

peringaten

Postby peringaten » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:20 pm

Cheers dude

peringaten

Postby peringaten » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:41 pm

Woohoo, get to update again! Today I started learning Ng Ying Kuen; 5 animals style. Another one passed down from Lau Kar Leung: snake, crane, leaopard, tiger & dragon... Starts on snake, so that's where I am...

peringaten

Postby peringaten » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:56 pm

Wooo, finally... can update again!! Taken me a year & three months but I got there... today I finally finished the Ng Ying 5 Animals set. God, I love when I can update this thread. Taken a long time... I\'ve not been slacking, been training every single day, with more than regular instruction; just Sifu\'s such a perfectionist of understanding it\'s been a long job getting to the end of this one, what with everything to go over!
Think I\'ll watch Spritual Boxer to celebrate; that\'s got a bit of Ng Ying from LKL in it; Wong Yue showing some bits of the form... should corroborate the knowledge nicely; been too long since I\'ve seen it.

Return to “General Martial Arts”