Finished me gung gee!

Share your opinions on Martial Arts in General. Whether nameless or not.
KeungKau

Postby KeungKau » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:49 am

Congratulations Peringaten
Chi Kuan Chun always impresses me with the
5 animals style...

Once again well done man

SuperK

Postby SuperK » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:10 am

Whatever style you are involved in, it must take a lot of guts to keep going. Well done and all the success for your efforts.

peringaten

Postby peringaten » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:26 pm

Thanks guys! Yep got to keep going, far as I\'m concerned I\'m working to preserve Lau Kar Leung\'s proper kung fu; he doesn\'t have a lot of disciples, so any of us practicing his formal teachings have to make sure it doesn\'t die with the man for sure!! And we all know the standard he was at, lordy it\'s hard to get that good, but got to try at least!! You can have the tools at your disposal all you want, but it\'s the putting them to work that\'s the important bit for building something decent...

Good call on the CKC, will prob have to rewatch Shaw\'s Shaolin Temple again!

peringaten

Postby peringaten » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:10 pm

Huuugggee day for me today... started learning a style called Fah Kuen; incredibly rare, only held by the Lau family as far as I\'m aware, & considered LKL\'s top set... I had to be truly dedicated to get to this...

peringaten

Postby peringaten » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:44 pm

Well; that's it; finished the Fah Kuen today; Lau Kar Leung's top set. I now understand the secret ingredient that set him apart. The speed required for this thing is phenomenal... body mechanics, structure, & short, mid & long-ranges all covered, all angles; this is the one... LKL's full hung kuen empty handed curriculum now covered... this is the jewel at the top; just hope one day I can pass it on - think you can count the number of people who know the Fah Kuen on two hands... must keep for posterity, this thing's awesome.

So, there you go a timeline for empty-handed hung kuen, practicing every day!

Just weapons stuff left so far as hung gar goes.........

peringaten

Postby peringaten » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:44 pm

Duplicate post in error...

Return to “General Martial Arts”