Does your print of Heroes of Tslim Shaw East aka Hong Kong God Fathers look like this?

Get Feedback from queries online at FLK
pollypolly

Re:

Postby pollypolly » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:26 pm

[Quote][I]Originally Posted By Flashlegs Pete JR[/I]
[B]To be honest I don't really know off hand.I will have to check if our version is cut. Can you say which section of the film is meant to be cut?

Our print is slightly cleaner than the screen shots you posted.[/B][/Quote]

Sorry to dig up old dirt guys - but I watched this properly yesterday (off the back of Ian's marvellous audio review!) and despite it being one of the very best New Wave films and best modern Shaw films I've ever seen - it certainly looks cut in more than one scene to me?. :(

These were the main suspicious scenes:

-The death of Rotten Chi - the first and third stabs look cut. We never actually see the knife/machete enter his body. And considering how bloody the rest of the film is and how despicable Rotten Chi's character is - his 'comeuppance' seems relatively mild compared to the deaths of other characters.

-There is a scene towards the end in the mall where a police guard looks as though he was meant to get a machete to the face but there was an abrupt cut.

-The scaling of the staircase and final fight looks like it's riddled with little cuts e.g the death of the bald black guy?

Is there any way to confirm whether FlashLegs has any of these scenes intact?

The film definitely seems to be the hot topic of the moment though and either way it's still an amazing piece of cinema.
How does this compare with [B]Profile In Anger[/B] & [B]This Man Is Dangerous[/B] in terms of bloodshed? Which is the more violent of the 3?

Questions, questions....

pollypolly

Re:

Postby pollypolly » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:27 pm

[Quote][I]Originally Posted By gfanikf[/I]
[B]

Good to hear you quality is superior to these. Oh any idea if its a Mandarian or Cantonese flick?

Thanks so much[/B][/Quote]

It's a Cantonese film my friend. :)

pollypolly

Postby pollypolly » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:06 pm

Marvellous news! Thanks for confirming Linn.

Return to “FLK Feed Back”