Golden Triangle

Report bugs or any errors you may find.
Whirlwind

Golden Triangle

Postby Whirlwind » Sun May 14, 2006 7:26 am

You have this film listed as 1971.
Searching around most sites say 1980 which I think is closer because of the action on display.There is a scene with a football team all wearing Bruce`s famous yellow tracksuit so I would think it was made after Game of Death ?

Pete Jr

Postby Pete Jr » Sun May 14, 2006 8:06 am

Thanks Whirlwind mate. I checked with the HK movie database also and they had it down as 1975, which could be the one mate. I say this simply, because Bruce died in 1973 so the track suit would have been around in popularity just after his death. Hence 1975 being a little more accurate mate. The fame of the track suit would have been more popular around mid 70's I believe.

Thanks a lot for the observation Whirlwind good stuff.

Whirlwind

Postby Whirlwind » Sun May 14, 2006 8:58 am

Yeah thats sounds more like it Pete.
This is a good Kurata film with Han Ying Chieh as the main villain.I want to see some more of Cheung Nik in punch & blocks after seeing this.

pollypolly

Postby pollypolly » Sun May 14, 2006 9:55 am

There is also a film called Golden Triangle with Kurata and Lo Lieh in it - I think Wu Ma directed it -maybe that's what some sites are getting it mixed up with?.

Linn

Poly's right,

Postby Linn » Sun May 14, 2006 10:15 am

the Wu Ma one is pretty rare and beat the other one by about four years or so. It was a HK-Thai co-production.

Eagles Claw Champ

Postby Eagles Claw Champ » Mon May 15, 2006 12:58 pm

Well mates i think this geezer karata has to be one of the most wickest al round punch & block DON kicker of kung fu flicks history mates

noirmubin

Golden Triangle

Postby noirmubin » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:23 am

Hard Hitting Punch & Block - just the way I like it

With Shoji Kurata starring - you won't be disappointed with the fights.

A short description:-

From the beginning, we are shown Shoji Kurata, a police officer and a bottler, accidentally shot his mate in a stakeout, got fired from his job, gets involve in a brawl at a pub with some baddies (who recognise him as an ex-police), join the baddies, get into fights with Nik Cheung, falls in love with the drug-chemist girl, get into more fights with Nik, "mock-killing" of Nik Cheung, partner Nik Cheung in beating up the baddies and get the girl in the end. lol

And to cap it all, we have lots of James Bond soundtracks in the movie. (And the movie has a Bruceploitation feel..dunno why)

Oh... i miss the part where Kurata play soccer as a keeper with the baddies and was challenged by Nik Cheung into 3 penalties shoot-out. Won't tell you though who came out winners.

The finale is one hard hitting and high kicking with Nik's trademark ground-spinning kick (which we always seen from his movies). And we have one baddie who looks like Hwang Jang Lee.

Kurata is Johnny and Nik is McQueen. lol band members from Sex Pistols?!

Recommended for Punch and Block lovers and Kurata's fans

(feel free to add in any info or correct anything)

Goldenswallow

Postby Goldenswallow » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:54 pm

Nice one Noirmubin. I'm intrigued by that penalty shoot-out now!!
lol

I'd go to the FLK catalogue, search for the film and post these reviews up in the appropriate section there if I was you, otherwise they might get a bit lost after a time in this section. It'll help improve the FLK Database as well!
:)

Whirlwind

Postby Whirlwind » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:20 pm

Good film this one !
Those guy`s in the football match were all sporting Bruce`s famous Game of Death jumpsuits too.
Han Ying Chieh was the main villain,if Kurata & Cheung Nik together wasn`t already enough for P&B fans that should make it a must see.
[img]http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/9748/goldentriangle01kr0.jpg[/img]

noirmubin

Postby noirmubin » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:48 pm

Thanks Golden Swallow and Whirlwind

Return to “FLK Bugs”