Rumble in the Bronx oh not rare you say ;)

Rare New Wave? Yes some New Wave Classics are rares too.
chopsocky

Postby chopsocky » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:46 pm

i liked ritb but it just seemed dubbed down compared to other jackie flicks

still its fun to watch and thats what matters

fiol

Postby fiol » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:26 am

We have 3 version of this movie>
HK vcd [uncut,no eng dub]
ITALIAN dvd [international cut]
MAINLAND CHINA dvd [mainland cut, no eng dub]
the movie is really entertaing no question ask..it was the first JC movie we saw back in the days [we still have the giant italian cinema poster] so we just love it ;)

Athena

You & you !

Postby Athena » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:42 am

[Quote=fiol] We have 3 version of this movie>
the movie is really entertain no question ask..it was the first JC movie we saw back in the days [we still have the giant italian cinema poster] so we just love it ;) [/Quote]

So you love what version the most ? HK I take it ..?
(I speak Mandarin & Cantonese..& I believe you (both ) do too ??)

I am curious (!) Do you 2 EVER disagree on a movie or NEVER ??? ;D

Xiexie ,Athena ..

fiol

Re:You & you !

Postby fiol » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:40 am

[Quote=Athena] [Quote=fiol] We have 3 version of this movie>
the movie is really entertain no question ask..it was the first JC movie we saw back in the days [we still have the giant italian cinema poster] so we just love it ;) [/Quote]

So you love what version the most ? HK I take it ..?
(I speak Mandarin & Cantonese..& I believe you (both ) do too ??)

I am curious (!) Do you 2 EVER disagree on a movie or NEVER ??? ;D

Xiexie ,Athena ..[/Quote]

the best cut is indeed the HK, but since we grew up with the international cut, it has a place in our heart lol

We dont speak cantonese at all, mandarin more or less (on february we r going to spend 6 months in china studying it).

Disagree on a movie? Yeah! But only on no kung fu flicks eheh

Athena

Re:Re:You & you !

Postby Athena » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:40 pm

[Quote=fiol]We dont speak Cantonese at all, mandarin more or less (on February we r going to spend 6 months in china studying it).[/Quote]

Fantastic ! Wow ..That is truly a perfect set up !

I never had the privilege of studying in China myself unfortunately, Cry..Cry Tears for that one ...

Only been there on several vacations , but it would be wonderful to study there ..(Work too actually ..)

So what part of China are you going to ?? Will you be affiliated with a University ? Another friend of mine from Singapore is currently studying at Beijing University ...It is a most Exzelent University !

I wish you both the MOST fortunate & successful time in "The Middle Kingdom " (China ) !

Xiexie, Athena ..

fiol

Re:Re:Re:You & you !

Postby fiol » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:35 am

[Quote=Athena] [Quote=fiol]We dont speak Cantonese at all, mandarin more or less (on February we r going to spend 6 months in china studying it).[/Quote]

Fantastic ! Wow ..That is truly a perfect set up !

I never had the privilege of studying in China myself unfortunately, Cry..Cry Tears for that one ...

Only been there on several vacations , but it would be wonderful to study there ..(Work too actually ..)

So what part of China are you going to ?? Will you be affiliated with a University ? Another friend of mine from Singapore is currently studying at Beijing University ...It is a most Exzelent University !

I wish you both the MOST fortunate & successful time in "The Middle Kingdom " (China ) !

Xiexie, Athena ..[/Quote]

So...How do you know Cantonese/Mandarin? :D
About us, well we re going to study a the Zhejiang Normal University in Jinhua, in the magnificient Zhejiang province! Every week we are intending to take a train to somewhere (we ll have free weekends)[Wu Zhen, is one of our destination for sure]..then since we ll arrive on the Guo Nian time (we ll land in China on the first of February, Guo Nian day is the third of February), we re gonna stay at our respective """girlfriends""" houses, for ex. my bro is gonna to Ji An (Jiangxi Province) then go with her to some places ^^
Besides studying we really want to "live" China...the people,the atmosphere,well more or less everything from the old unknown building to the tourist attraction ;)

Meanwhile, thx for ur wishes, hope everything is gonna turn fine |:o

PoleFighter

Postby PoleFighter » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:15 pm

This is interesting, I have the Taiwan version of Rumble on DVD (not great picture quality but just about watchable!), it is supposed to be uncut, but one scene is curiously missing - where Jackie and Francoise Yip escape from the nightclub and Francoise kicks over the gangs motobikes to stop them from chasing them. This scene is of course present in the international cut.

I think Rumble is a good film, and I almost prefer the international cut to be honest - I prefer everyone to be speaking English, after all it is set in the Bronx, and at least Jackie dubs his own voice!

Most of the additional scenes are just more scenes of the gang terrorising the supermarket, which aren\'t really that necessary, the only plus point to them is that they feature more of Anita Mui!

There are a number of Jackie\'s films that have been cut for the international market but this is an example of one that works IMO!

Return to “Rare New Wave”