DRUNKEN TAI CHI

Rare New Wave? Yes some New Wave Classics are rares too.
Omega Inferno

Postby Omega Inferno » Wed May 31, 2006 9:13 am

Drunken Tai Chi i haven't seen yet I do not want to watch it because I don't like Donnie Yen. because he has to much pride in most his movies i watched.

mosinos

Postby mosinos » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:57 am

this movie i really like alot...
i will put it in class with drunken master kinda
and in drunken tai chi is 4 from the Yuen Wo-Ping famely :) and donnie yen do some very good martial arts i say..

the old teacher in this movie do a good job in this movie in class with his father who is the red nose teacher from drunken master :)

rarebastard

Postby rarebastard » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:27 pm

action wise one of yuen woo pings and donnie yens pure old school style movies. not new wave

yuenfan

...no longer RARE

Postby yuenfan » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:03 pm

The old teacher was played by Yuen Cheung Yan, an excellent choreographer in his own right. It's basically a [I]Yuenclan[/I] movie, and Donnie's kicking here is superb (he was around 19 when this film was made).

The action [I]does[/I] make up for the comedy, and Donnie's fights vs. Wong Tao and Yuen Shun Yi (in the finale) are highlights.

Finally, a dvd with a Cantonese soundtrack has been made available. The old English-dubbed version (at least the one I had) was horrendous, and made the comedy look even worse IMO!

gfanikf1

They don't make them like this anymore....

Postby gfanikf1 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:33 pm

and it is a damn shame. In between his recent art projects like Fearless or Unleashed Yuen Woo Ping needs to go back and make one his bizzare Yuen Clan films. These films such as Shaolin and Taoism Drunkard were some of the strangest and most energetic films ever made. They helped showcase Yuen Yat Chor as a new star (who sadly never really broke out). Drunken Tai Chi helped introduce the world to Donnie Yen who showed what a man with BMX bike in ancient China could do along with some breakdancing (YWP later made a breakdancing film with Donnie Yen) for good measure. Lots of wack comedy, great fights and great fun. Yuen Yat Chor actually appears in this film too I recall.

mosinos

Postby mosinos » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:55 pm

this is simply 1 of my favorits too :)
the famous and 1 of most woo pings famely members in this movie :)
father, instuctor, the brother who duel hwang jang lee in start sequenze of drunken master and the other brother and then they spice it up with donnie yen how better can it be ?:)

Martial show for the money
funny it is very too
Greatings
Mosinos

ezai

Postby ezai » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:22 pm

I loved this movie.
I loved that fat lady's character. And Donnie yen's dance!!!!!!!!! LOL
An Entertaining movie , will quality choreography

Kwai Chang

Drunken Tai Chi

Postby Kwai Chang » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:55 pm

Has a good Cantonese print (with English subs) been released?

noirmubin

Postby noirmubin » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:51 am

nope..theres one with optional Cantonese and English and language but no subs (if i'm not mistaken..at amazon.UK) :)

Fabhui

Postby Fabhui » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:52 am

Eastern Heroes released this Widescreen, Cantonese and remastered English subs but unfortunately only on VHS which I have and converted to DVD.

Return to “Rare New Wave”