DRUNKEN TAI CHI

Rare New Wave? Yes some New Wave Classics are rares too.
Emaxx

DRUNKEN TAI CHI......

Postby Emaxx » Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:07 pm

...EMAXX..

...DRUNKEN TAI CHI....

WOW!
DONNIE YEN'S debut performance at only 18 years old......what a performer !
DONNIE took WONG TAO to school and back......that was the highlight of the movie for me......
YUEN HSIN YI (villian), and brother to director YUEN WO PING ;YUEN YAT CHOR and YUEN CHEUNG YAN was fantastic to say nothing of scary.
some appraciable comedy , solid effects and absolutley brilliant action sequences.......
DONNIE YEN had stardom written all over him in his first starring role.....

YUEN'S CLAN at the top of their game with an array of wonderful martial arts move only their genius can create.

A virtual treat....

A must see..

a must have..

get this one !!

........GRADE " A "....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

emaxx(audley)

KNGFU

Yuen silliness

Postby KNGFU » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:37 pm

I could never get into the strange Yuen family characters that went from this movie onto others such as TAOISM DRUNKARDand THE MIRACLE FIGHTERS. The old man and old woman (man in drag) just distracted me from the action to the point of disliking most of the films.

Emaxx

TOTALLY UNDERSTAND !!

Postby Emaxx » Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:47 pm

TAOISM DRUNKARD nad MIRACLE FIGHTERS were lower budget movies that were YUENS CLAN pet projects........
However , don't let those sub-par movies taint your appreciation for the genius of the YEUNS '.........
DRUNKEN MASTER ; BORN INVINCIBLE ; INVINCIBLE ARMOUR ; MAGNIFICENT BUTCHER ; HEROES OF SHAOLIN are just a few of the 'legends' with which they are associated......
there are many more.......
However ,DONNIE YEN 'S debut performance was one that showed why he was destined for stardom........
YUENS are not perfect , bet they cum pretty darn close.......

emAXX

Chi Liu San

Postby Chi Liu San » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:23 am

All I can say about Drunken Tai Chi is ultimate of classic's.

Eagles Claw Champ

Postby Eagles Claw Champ » Sat Nov 26, 2005 12:10 pm

Now you are reviewing the toughest flicks out there emaxx me ol son.

jasonsauvey

DRUNKEN TAI CHI

Postby jasonsauvey » Tue May 23, 2006 7:25 am

anyone see it,, is it any good? I think It is Donnie yen's first movie.

Goldenswallow

Postby Goldenswallow » Tue May 23, 2006 11:30 am

Hello Jason
I think that this is one you would have to watch yourself to decide if it's any good or not! It's got a lot of weird Yuen clan comedy which can put a lot of people (including me) off. This includes Donnie doing stunts on his BMX and doing a weird Breakdancing/Puppeteer routine which you wouldn't normally expect to see in ancient china!
Obviously the kung fu is top notch as it's done by Yuen Woo Ping and it's interesting to see a young Donnie busting out his moves in an old school style.
Do you like wacky comedy in your kung fu films? If you don't then give this one a miss, if you don't mind it then you won't be dissapointed if you can pick it up cheap.

BTW it is strictly speaking an old schooler rather than new wave.

Abbot Flash

Postby Abbot Flash » Sun May 28, 2006 7:26 pm

Regardless of the comedy, I thought Yuen Shun Yi's performance as the mute assassin was terrific. His role really scared me when I was younger. I've always found senseless inrationale killers bursting with rage and killing intent whilst showing no sign of bargaining or reasoning really creepy.

I believe this is Wong Tao's only villainous role as well, which adds an extra plus of sentiment for the Don Wong fanbase out there.

Whirlwind

Postby Whirlwind » Sun May 28, 2006 8:15 pm

I usually don`t like a lot of comedy but I found this quite funny.Of course it helps when the action is so good & inventive.Donnie is awesome in this film.

Pete Jr

Postby Pete Jr » Mon May 29, 2006 6:06 am

This film is awsome! I didn't mind the comedy that much but I must agree with Golden swallow to an extent the comedy is really wacky...having said this the action is top notch all the way and it tends to get very serious towards the end.
Donnie Yen one and only old school IMO but very good.And yes its Donnis's first film on record.

Return to “Rare New Wave”